How many Teles do you need?

GK34

Tele-Meister
I get by fine with one. I wouldn’t mind having a backup, but I don’t really need one enough to justify it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fiesta Red

Poster Extraordinaire
I have three...my original highly modified and customized MIM Special Telecaster, a Modern Player Telecaster Thinline Deluxe and a MIM ‘72 Telecaster Deluxe.

One of those is absolutely vital—the one in my avatar.

I would like a few others, such as a ‘72 Custom (like Keef’s);
a double-bound standard style with rosewood fretboard;
a ‘69 Thinline;
a ‘72 Thinline (like Tab’s);
and a peculiar conflagration I designed that combines a Cab, a Les Paul Junior and an Esquire, which is currently being pieced together with the help of a luthier friend...

However, if the truth be told, I’d be very blessed and happy just to have that one in my avatar...it really can’t be beat.

Red Bread

Tele-Meister
Thanks pal
I’m down to two right now,,,but planning on an esquire

Attachments

• A8FB04E4-F6C8-4917-A2C3-2ADCB133C9C5.jpeg
    A8FB04E4-F6C8-4917-A2C3-2ADCB133C9C5.jpeg
    224.8 KB · Views: 70

Grateful Ape

Tele-Afflicted
I think if you have one great guitar that makes you want to play, you are doing well. If you find another and can afford it, go right ahead. Although be conscious of the fact that it might not be a Tele. Sadly, I've let 'guitar shape prejudice' snatch more than one exceptional guitar from my fingers.

Uncle Butch

Tele-Meister
I have the three I need. American Deluxe, James Burton, AVRI'52 Hot Rod. Not much ground I can't cover. But I'm still always looking and scheming.

Gigante_Miguel

Tele-Meister
Silver Supporter
Need? My '82 seems to be filling all the roles these days, and the other six are pretty good too.

Want? There are just soooo many more, but I'll admit that now that I have a couple of really good guitars, the need for more has really slowed down.

bettyseldest

Friend of Leo's
I came here with just the one (James burton Signature - Black Paisley), a few years later it got to this stage;

upload_2019-2-9_1-5-59.jpeg

I then announced that it would be reduced to just these:

upload_2019-2-9_1-6-56.jpeg

But since none have gone and this one appeared;

upload_2019-2-9_1-7-53.jpeg

MrGibbly

Tele-Afflicted
I currently have only one Tele and I absolutely love it! I play it every day and I think it sounds and looks great. So, no problem so far, right?

But here's the thing. I’d like another. You know, just because. Maybe a thinline or an HS, an HH or maybe one of those nice CV ‘50s or a MIM Player? Maybe get an Affinity or Bullet, for upgrading? Or maybe a Standard? Or should I just buy a bunch of parts and try and start my own project/build? Not sure if I’m ready for that, yet.

Anyway, I don’t know. Why can’t one great Tele be enough? And how many do you need?:eek:o_O:rolleyes::)

View attachment 582815
I’m good with one really good one. It’s a Butterscotch Blonde American Deluxe with a black guard. I replaced the pickups with a set of Nocasters and pulled out the S-1. It does everything I could ask of a Tele.