How Many Soldano Users Are Here?

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by noah330, Apr 11, 2018.

1. noah330

noah330 Friend of Leo's

I have to say that most of my maps I use for recording or playing at home tend to be older Fender, Gibson and Vox stuff with the odd Gretsch, Dumble or Rickenbacker thrown in for good measure.

That being said, for over 20 years (man, that's hard to fathom!) I have used an SLO-100 when I do tours or non-local gigs.

When I got my first semi-high profile thing I managed to get my hands on it and I've taken it literally all over the world and have never had any issue aside from toobz and caps with it - and when I got it recapped it was more because it hadn't been more than it needing it.

I have a couple other Soldano boxes as well, a 4x10 Reverb-O-Sonic that is kind of its own thing and one of the Hot Rod series. For a while I had two SLOs (one as a backup) but the backup literally never needed to be used so I pulled it out of my rig and would put a Plexi or Mesa or something in there for some variety. I have blown out three Mesas. I eventually sold my second SLO and got the Hot Rod and it's really nice.

IMHO the Soldano is versatile. I mainly use the clean channel with a Klon, but I don't set it totally clean, although if you listen to Knopfler you can hear how good it can sound. I don't play metal but most of my touring has been pop rock kind of stuff and it excels at this.

Many companies make great maps but IMHO if you're looking for something that sounds great and basically can survive most of what you can throw at it they're the best in the business.

Anyone else using Soldano?

2. CK Dexter Haven

CK Dexter Haven Friend of Leo's

I have looked long and hard at both the Astroverb and the Atomic 1x12 combos second hand. Both sounded good for small combos and were fairly priced, both times something harder to find and more attractively priced came along. Still in the back of my mind..

3. noah330

noah330 Friend of Leo's

They're not the cheapest maps around but man, they are so reliable. Aside from that if you have questions Mike Soldano will actually talk to you.

To me, they're way better in the service department and in the quality department than a lot of the booteek and mass produced brands. All built in the USA in a pretty small place.

4. Ippon

Ippon Tele-Meister

Late bump.

Have you acquired any more Soldanos, specifically when Mike mentioned early 2018 he was retiring?

5. noah330

noah330 Friend of Leo's

No. I never had any issues with them and my bases are covered. I'm glad he retired vs selling the name to FMIC who would have destroyed the brand.

magicfingers99 likes this.
  6. trev333

trev333 Telefied Ad Free Member

not exactly a Soldano, but my Crate V33 head has had Soldano SLO mods done to the board.

Just got it back from the tech ... the mosfet power section died years ago and couldn't be repaired.. so he pulled the power section and replaced it with transformers and some trickery.....

Good to have it running again after nearly 10 yrs in the spare room gathering dust... she'd loud...

DSCN2239.JPG

7. 24 track

24 track Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

I have used or more accurately tried 2 different soldanos, the first one was a small head that had 2cabs both loaded with 2X10's soldano speakers , what a monster amp !
    I loved it, the second had a 4x12 cab and I didnt bond with it at all,

the first one was killer , small and portable, the second one was ho-hum but still was a nice amp, I dont remember the model numbers of either

8. tlp123

tlp123 Tele-Meister

[​IMG]

9. magicfingers99

magicfingers99 Friend of Leo's

fender has a magic touch, Ovation, Tacoma, Guild...

10. John E

John E Tele-Afflicted

I had a Reverb-O-Sonic 1x12 that I bought in probably 94-95. Was one of my favorite amps. Which, I of course stupidly sold because I had GAS for a VHT Pitbull 45. Which of course I sold in a fit of GAS for... and on and on... lol. Seriously that Soldano was a killer amp.

11. Ippon

Ippon Tele-Meister

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. schenkadere

schenkadere Friend of Leo's

Is that an old EV bass cabinet? My friend has one.

13. tlp123

tlp123 Tele-Meister

But my Wizards walk all over my SLO.....MC 100, MC 25...sans "pedals", MIJ guitars, & gay looking dolls

[​IMG][​IMG]

14. Ippon

Ippon Tele-Meister

Correct!

I also have the EV 215 with the EVM-15L and EVM-15B. Crushing tone and also works well with 6, 7, and 8 string electric guitars.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.