How many of your stand-alone pedals do you own just basically for cork-sniffing?

Killing Floor

Doctor of Teleocity
AMT delay maybe. It's great but I have another on my board that does the same trick.
Probably have a lot of fuzz pedals that I will never use but I bought them to try.
I have a 3 tube preamp that is a clone of the Dual Rec red channel, it is the only one sold. A couple IE pedals that aren't really practical for what I do, maybe a little sniffery. And some 3Leaf pedals that seem to go up in value about $100 every 6 months. Definitely snifferific.

Maguchi

Friend of Leo's
meaning that you don't use them for gigs.

That would be really ALL of mine.
And that includes I'm sure over a dozen delays, 7-12 trems, a handful of other modulations (phase etc), and more ODs/Distortions/Fuzzes than I really even want to think about.

some budget stuff but plenty of high-end stuff, too

I am pretty sold on multis, for live work
Keeley Tone Workstation, Dark Side and SuperMod Workstation.

Keeley Pedals.jpg

Killing Floor

Doctor of Teleocity
Funny, it's so much of a problem it takes a thread like this to make me remember some of the awesome.
Loe, #8 of 8. Sounds amazing but not putting it on the board.
1664934643319.jpeg

Greenmachine

Tele-Afflicted
Well the only sniffer pedal I have is a king of tone and it's my only overdrive on my board.

Unionjack515

Tele-Afflicted
I own what I contend is the worlds cleanest Violet Ram’s Head Big Muff Pi. It sounds glorious but it’s just too clean to use for anything other than studio work. I’m convinced that and the pristine ‘76 Firebird I own would be the only items in my collection that would pique Joe B’s interest.

1664935119922.jpeg

1664935206700.jpeg

teletimetx

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
I got two. A EHX B-9 (hey, it sounds like an organ!) and a Butler Tube Driver. Maybe not full-on boo-teek, but may as well be.

I gigged the Butler for awhile, maybe 8,9 years ago , but always seemed like the fizz-to-drive ratio was just not my flavor. Too fizzy. I know there’s a tube swap I can do ( swap existing AX7 for an AT7 or such) just haven’t bothered.

Never had the B9 on the regular board. Sort of a one-trick pony, even with 8 different organ flavors. I always had fun with it at a gig, but noticed that most of the audience wasn’t in on the joke. Of course, might not have been the pedal.

But, these two pretty much helped to motivate my hunnerd-dollar limit.

On either end in this cropped group photo.
DCD0970E-BE4C-4E04-ADBF-2E4166DE145C.jpeg

Refugee

Tele-Afflicted
Most of mine were in my car when it was stolen, so, no more. One of my faves was in a different location and I use it all the time. It's also a great two channel direct pre out. The Custom Tones TLE. I was kind of pissed at ow close it came to sounding like my Two Rock gain channel. The clean is really awesome too, but the 2 Rock won that hands down. Since I don't have the Two Rock anymore, it's all about the Ethos. Love that thing. Boost it with a Tumnus and you can have almost anything you desire.

drmordo

Friend of Leo's
I have a bunch of pedals (really all of them) for studio use. I might gig with one pedal if I'm feeling frisky, but ultimately it's all about guitar, amp, volume/tone knobs, and fingers.

fenderchamp

Friend of Leo's
Ad Free Member
guilty as charged, at least, in the fuzz/od arena. More in the fuzz, than the od, I bought 1 klone, and got over it, there is something undeniably appealing to me about overpriced fuzz pedals with NOS transistors, or even fuzz pedals w/o fancy NOS transistors. The irony of it is, I plug them in, I think, "ah dirt, I love it" and well that's about it, I love them all :). I don't even bother to split hairs.

please excuse me while I corrupt @Buckocaster51 and a few different programming languages, "we don't love s/sparkles/fuzz boxes/ because we're cool, we love s/sparkles/fuzz boxes/ because they're cool"

1664943666948.png

compulsion is a real thing.

fenderchamp

Friend of Leo's
Ad Free Member
I have a bunch of pedals (really all of them) for studio use. I might gig with one pedal if I'm feeling frisky, but ultimately it's all about guitar, amp, volume/tone knobs, and fingers.
funny I'm the opposite, I will hook up some pedals on a gig, but when I hear them recorded, they always offend me, and I go back to amp (cranked)/guitar. 'Those !#@[email protected]#$ tone sucking tweakers, they're a runnin' this here town'

drmordo

Friend of Leo's
funny I'm the opposite, I will hook up some pedals on a gig, but when I hear them recorded, they always offend me, and I go back to amp (cranked)/guitar. 'Those !#@[email protected]#$ tone sucking tweakers, they're a runnin' this here town'

I dunno.

I use fuzzes a lot for leads, so I take the time to find the right one for the moment and dial it in.

I might use a modulation pedal in that same way. I have a Digitech RPM-1 that I reach for first when I want modulation. It's pretty magical.

I recently bought a Foxgear T7E Baby that is very obviously going to be my goto for dreamy echo-y guitar.

But when it comes to reverb, compression, or more traditional echo, those will be ITB. Ultimately, when it comes to the studio, not every effect has been modelled accurately so you have to go to your pedals to make it happen.

RetiredUnit1

Tele-Holic
I never liked the smell of cork

I have a LOT of pedals I tried in my tone quest, but procrastination dictates I wait till I die to sell them
:cool:

Skyhook

Friend of Leo's
meaning that you don't use them for gigs.

That would be really ALL of mine.
And that includes I'm sure over a dozen delays, 7-12 trems, a handful of other modulations (phase etc), and more ODs/Distortions/Fuzzes than I really even want to think about.

some budget stuff but plenty of high-end stuff, too

I am pretty sold on multis, for live work
My cork-sniffiiest pedals, acquired despite owning very decent clones of them,
and have as of this writing not been gigged yet:

Ibanez Tube Screamer TS808 (preceeding clone: Mooer Green Mile)
Boss Hyper Fuzz FZ-2 (preceeding clone: Behringer Super Fuzz SF300)

Cyberi4n

Tele-Afflicted
I have a Caline American Sound, Mooer Blues Mood and Trelicopter, and an MXR Raw Dawg that are currently looking pretty on an (admittedly small) shelf currently. The Blues Mood sounds incredible, but my board has on it a Tumnus instead, which just has the edge. I rotate the Raw Dawg with my BOG Hendrix Fuzz, just depends on my mood

KeithDavies 100

Tele-Holic
I've got loads. Every now and then I'll go through phases of buying things on eBay and by the time they arrive I realise I've bought waaaaay more than I need! I've done it with nice pens. We ended up with about a dozen frying pans at one point. No idea why. I think it might be stress-related. Anyway - it happens with pedals the most. And sometimes guitars when money was good.

None of them are expensive though. I look for potential bargains, check out online reviews, and almost all of the pedals I own were bought on there for less than £40, say $50-$60.

When I've played in cover bands I've spent time getting the right pedal board set-up for the tones I need in the different songs, which has been fun. At home, I set up a spreadsheet - I'm not sure I should be admitting to this, even on here! - and put all my drive pedals on it, in order of how aggressive their drive was, so that whenever I find one not quite right I know which ones are further along the continuum in each direction.

I should probably stop now...

Anyway - they're fun to play with, and if they spark some creativity, or a new lick or whatever then they've been worth the money, in my view. No, I don't have the faintest idea which one sounds closest to a genuine Dumble amp, or a 1976 Ibanez Tubescreamer, or a Klon.

runstendt

Tele-Holic
I’ve sold off, or will sell off, all of the pedals that I never seem to use. That being said, I have bought pedals because I thought they were cool, if not necessarily useful, but those don’t stay in my collection for long (here’s looking at you, Carl Martin spring reverb pedal). What tends to happen is that I buy pedals that fit the rig or band that I’m current playing with, then sell them after my musical situation changes.

Unionjack515

Tele-Afflicted
I got two. A EHX B-9 (hey, it sounds like an organ!) and a Butler Tube Driver. Maybe not full-on boo-teek, but may as well be.

I gigged the Butler for awhile, maybe 8,9 years ago , but always seemed like the fizz-to-drive ratio was just not my flavor. Too fizzy. I know there’s a tube swap I can do ( swap existing AX7 for an AT7 or such) just haven’t bothered.

Never had the B9 on the regular board. Sort of a one-trick pony, even with 8 different organ flavors. I always had fun with it at a gig, but noticed that most of the audience wasn’t in on the joke. Of course, might not have been the pedal.

But, these two pretty much helped to motivate my hunnerd-dollar limit.

On either end in this cropped group photo.
View attachment 1036620
The BK deserves the tube swap. I stack two, both with a 12AU7 swapped in, and they’re indispensable. I too was initially turned off to the “fizz factor” with the 12AX7. Though, the 12AX7 does sound pretty magical in front of a Big Muff…a la David Gilmour…but I don’t gig the Big Muff so the 12AU7s are much more usable as “daily drivers.” I honestly keep one of them on most of the time it’s so pleasant. And a simple swap. Worth the time…give it a try!!

jvin248

Doctor of Teleocity

I got a Klon!

No, really, I got a Golden Horse. It does the stuff just fine .... for $25!

I'm more of an anti-cork-sniffery player. If you need the corks ... you probably need a feather too ;)

iu

stormsedge

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
Now faced with the real possibility of playing out of the house…I am faced with the decision of what I am willing to risk should bad things happen. In the end, all of it is just “stuff”, so there is that.

blowtorch

Telefied
Ad Free Member
I think some of you guys are misunderstanding the original intent of this thread. which, youknow, whatever. But when I'm talking cork-sniffery, I'm talking pedals that never leave your home, in the sense of- if yer not giggin it, yer sniffin it

It's crazy, in spite of myself, I'm considering getting a Blackstone Overdrive. You know, just because.
I'm certain I have any sonic ground that pedal brings covered dozens of times over already