How many is to many? (Fender amp question)

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by drri, Dec 10, 2019.

1. AndyPanda

AndyPanda Tele-Meister

Too many is not enough!

EDIT: ah, he beat me to it

2. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

And would they add reverb to a "tweed" amp? Seems like much of the processing power in the first two TM models is used to model reverb.

3. jhundt

jhundt Doctor of Teleocity

conspicuous consumption... it's cute when you are a kid, but not so much when you are an adult.

Get over it. Get off that train, and get away from the crazy idea that you NEED dozens of guitars and amplifiers and foot pedals and switches.

4. CapnCrunch

CapnCrunch Friend of Leo's

Nice!

bftfender likes this.
  5. unixfish

unixfish Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

I have one. That is enough for me.

One Fender amp. One amp period.

My only pedal is a strobe tuner.

I like it that way.

6. Wallaby

Wallaby Tele-Meister Silver Supporter

Criminy!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

7. LGOberean

LGOberean Doctor of Teleocity

I can understand your quandary if the choices are down to either a PRRI or Marshall head, the tried and true versus variety dilemma.

I currently have my own version of that "tried and true," the Vox Pathfinder 15R, and I'm even GASing for the Vox NuTube driven Mini Super Beetle, which is essentially the same tones and a very similar layout, but different technology. But one of the things keeping me from pulling the trigger is the notion of getting an amp that gives more variety to my amp arsenal. I haven't narrowed it down yet to just what that different amp would be. So I can kind of relate to what you're talking about, albeit with different amp brands.

As for the Tone Master amps, if I were to go for a Fender amp, the DR TM looks mighty attractive. Or maybe I'd just wait for the Tone Master version of the Princeton Reverb to come out. :twisted:

8. Lef T

Lef T Tele-Holic

Yes, TM High Power Tweed Twin!!

drri likes this.
  9. idjster

idjster VERY grateful member Silver Supporter

I have too many, but they all have their uses. I wouldn't have a bass amp if I didn't need my bass once in a while. I wouldn't have a quarterhorse if I didn't need a small, portable amp to take when I have a cab available. I wouldn't have a Katana mini if I didn't want an amp in the room with my computer. I wouldn't have an AC15 if I didn't like that British sound. I wouldn't have my Princeton rerelease if I didn't want the sound that I always loved for my #1. And so on. Yeah, I have a use for each one. Or an excuse. Depends on one's perspective. :D

10. alnico357

alnico357 Tele-Holic

My DRRI is enough. I play it clean and use a Barber Direct Drive and Gain Changer. I gig about 50 plus time a a year.

11. Tonetele

Tonetele Poster Extraordinaire

I'd say two is needed. I have a PRRI and a Boss Katana for portability and volume, also a ton of effects, the 12" speaker sounds good and I feel safer taking it to a gig.

12. 39martind18

39martind18 Tele-Holic

Schmee- Brilliant minds seem to think alike, and you, my friend, are brilliant. In my case, 1968 Twin Reverb for outdoor gigs, 1971 DR 2x10 with JBLs and 6L6 powered for most gigs, and the little guy: a SCDX outfitted with a JBL and 6L6s for the lower volume gigs (although that one is quite loud for its size and power).

schmee likes this.
  13. DougM

DougM Friend of Leo's

Don't the TM amps have power attenuators, allowing cranked amp tones at any volume?

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.