How many guitars?

FuncleManson

Tele-Meister
You need a Gretsch!

Haha. I don't think I really need any more guitars, but you're right--that would make me a little more diverse. I've kind of always wanted a birth year ('64) guitar and I see '64 Corvette's pop up occasionally on Reverb for not crazy prices. Maybe someday. My focus for this year is to finish off the five partcasters I'm working on and then reassess the finances.

Last edited:

stormsedge

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
Beware the slippery slope of want vs need :lol:😂🤣😂.

042C7BBA-E5C3-43DF-A579-7BDB2C9FB0C2.jpeg

Frisco 57

Tele-Holic
3 Telecasters
1 Esquire
4 Stratocasters
1 D18 Martin
1 DCSM Taylor
1 EF341C Takamine
1 DR2000CE Epiphone
1 Esteban Camaro

I've got the bug pretty bad I guess...

Beachbum

Poster Extraordinaire
American Standard Tele
Special Edition Koa Tele
Special Edition BSB Tele
83 FullertonStrat
Partscaster Strat
Gibson ES137 Custom
Gibson LP Studio
Gretsch 6119 Tennessee Rose
Yamaha SA2200
83 Ibanez AM 205
Ibanez AR325
Agile AL2500
Guild DCE140
80 Sigma D10 Anniversary
67 Fender Palomino

Midgetje94

Friend of Leo's
I’ve been up and down my whole playing life. Sometimes 1 sometimes 10 lol. Currently have 2 electrics, an acoustic electric, a mandolin, a ukulele. 2 amps.

bactrian666

TDPRI Member
Silver Supporter
2003 Telecaster 52' AVRI
2020 Parallel Universe Tele Magico
2020 70th anniversary Esquire
2020 Squier Telecaster custom
2020 Martin 00-15DM
2003 Martin DM
partscaster tele in progress

Maybe another build when I'm finished with the partscaster but I think I'm good for a bit, sort of shot my load financially over the holidays.
I owe the site a few NGD's, but here's one new guitar.

IMG_4367.jpg
IMG_4368.jpg

FenderLover

Poster Extraordinaire
And I thought 20 was plenty. Some of y'all are pretty serious!
I swore the last one I built would be my last. Turned out to be true, the last one right before the one I'm building now.

KelvinS1965

Tele-Afflicted
Too many guitars, plus too many amps and pedals. I also have a really decent electronic drum kit, an older keyboard and a 32 track recorder. :oops:

I'm planning a clear out and I'd love to be as stripped down as the guy on the last page with 4 guitars, who wants to get rid of one of his Teles, but I don't think I'll get that far (yet).

Trouble is that I have two guitars I've owned for a lot of years and I'm sentimentally attached to them. I don't play them out anymore for worry of theft or damage (even though neither worth a huge amount: A 1982 JV Squier Strat and a 1990 Epi Les Paul both refretted and many new parts over the years). So I kind of discount them, plus another guitar I bought when my Dad passed away (Rickenbacker 330 in a limited bright red finish).

That leaves eight electrics, so I'm planning on selling at least two (for now), possibly three*, so that could take me down to five:

Fender Telecaster Classic 50s White Blonde Lacquer.
Self built Strat (main gigging guitar to preserve the JV).
Les Paul 60s Tribute Gold Top with P90s.
Fender Jaguar (modified Player series, refinished in CAR and SS config, so not worth much to sell now).
Self built Cabronita ( nice guitar but I only built it because I had the TV Jones pickups).

Plus a cheap Washburn electro acoustic for open mics and a Squier P Bass for recording stuff.

I actually feel bad that I've let it get to this point. Although I do play them all, apart from the Gretsch that I'm definitely selling anyway. However, I mostly gig and rehearse with my self built Strat and take either my Classic 50s Tele or the Cabronita as a back up incase a string breaks.

* A Gretsch I never bonded with, bought in a rush because I liked the looks and the prices were going up (and then came back down!). Les Paul Junior that is lovely, but sounds the same as the Tribute when I use it's bridge pick up, so it's a 'duplicate'. I might sell my SG too since I have the Epiphone LP with Bareknuckle Mules if I want to play a humbucker guitar.

frank a

Tele-Meister
Heritage h535
Fender Eric Johnson thin line
Fender ultra strat
G&L USA ASAT
Fender MIM thin line (upgraded)
Gibson 79 Les Paul STD
Godin LG P90
Godin Kingpin
Godin A8 mandolin
Taylor 320
Larivee LV03r
Resonator guitar
Carvin SB4000 bass
Fender American Std Pbass
Fender Cowpoke bass
Fender pj short scale

Acoustic amp
Mesa California Tweed
Allen Chihuahua
Quilter ?200 w/Sarno pre amp
Mesa subway bass amp w rev sound 2x12
Eden wt550 w Eden 2x12 cab
Fender Deluxe Reverb
ZT Club

Holy crap I have a lot of stuff! I should be way better than I am.

Telecaster582

Tele-Holic
Too many guitars, plus too many amps and pedals. I also have a really decent electronic drum kit, an older keyboard and a 32 track recorder. :oops:

I'm planning a clear out and I'd love to be as stripped down as the guy on the last page with 4 guitars, who wants to get rid of one of his Teles, but I don't think I'll get that far (yet).

Trouble is that I have two guitars I've owned for a lot of years and I'm sentimentally attached to them. I don't play them out anymore for worry of theft or damage (even though neither worth a huge amount: A 1982 JV Squier Strat and a 1990 Epi Les Paul both refretted and many new parts over the years). So I kind of discount them, plus another guitar I bought when my Dad passed away (Rickenbacker 330 in a limited bright red finish).

That leaves eight electrics, so I'm planning on selling at least two (for now), possibly three*, so that could take me down to five:

Fender Telecaster Classic 50s White Blonde Lacquer.
Self built Strat (main gigging guitar to preserve the JV).
Les Paul 60s Tribute Gold Top with P90s.
Fender Jaguar (modified Player series, refinished in CAR and SS config, so not worth much to sell now).
Self built Cabronita ( nice guitar but I only built it because I had the TV Jones pickups).

Plus a cheap Washburn electro acoustic for open mics and a Squier P Bass for recording stuff.

I actually feel bad that I've let it get to this point. Although I do play them all, apart from the Gretsch that I'm definitely selling anyway. However, I mostly gig and rehearse with my self built Strat and take either my Classic 50s Tele or the Cabronita as a back up incase a string breaks.

* A Gretsch I never bonded with, bought in a rush because I liked the looks and the prices were going up (and then came back down!). Les Paul Junior that is lovely, but sounds the same as the Tribute when I use it's bridge pick up, so it's a 'duplicate'. I might sell my SG too since I have the Epiphone LP with Bareknuckle Mules if I want to play a humbucker guitar.
I don't know the very early Squiers are kinda expensive and rare nowadays.

KelvinS1965

Tele-Afflicted
I don't know the very early Squiers are kinda expensive and rare nowadays.
Maybe about the same as a American Pro II, or a bit less, but mine has been refretted, refinished and has 39 years of wear and tear on it, so it's far from a 'perfect' example, though it's what you'd call a player's guitar I guess. Regardless, it won't be me that sells it. ;)