How many delay pedals do you have/actively use?

How many delay pedals

Votes: 81 45.3%

Votes: 41 22.9%

Votes: 24 13.4%

Votes: 15 8.4%
  • 5+, I probably need help.

Votes: 18 10.1%

• Total voters

teletail

Friend of Leo's
I'm not sure if a tuner counts. I have a tuner, an EQ, an overdrive, and a distortion that I actually use. I have a few others that I'm just too lazy to take off, but I could easily get by with just those four.

stormsedge

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
I have five. I’d love to stay and chat, but I am running late for therapy.

My therapist says "out with it"...five delays because my "good idea light" almost never goes out:

MXR Carbon Copy mini on my "main" board.

mxr carbon copy mini.PNG

HB Digital Delay on what started to be an all Joyo board.

hb delay.PNG

A Caline Drifter Seven Delay on what started as an all Danelectro board.

caline drifter seven delays.PNG

A Donner Alpha Cruncher dedicated on the FX loop of my Blackstar HT40 Club.

alpha cruncher.PNG

And finally, a Donner Alpha FX meant to be dedicated to my VHT Ultra 6 head...

alpha fx.PNG

I cannot make a case for any additional delays. It remains open season on ODs :twisted:.

PBO Blues

Tele-Holic
I'm not sure if a tuner counts. I have a tuner, an EQ, an overdrive, and a distortion that I actually use. I have a few others that I'm just too lazy to take off, but I could easily get by with just those four.

Talking just delay pedals here. Now, if the topic was all pedals, there isn't a survey with enough numbers on it for a sad lot of us. ;)

Cheers!

Fretting out

Doctor of Teleocity
Platinum Supporter
Two DM-2’s one a waza craft

The waza craft is set at a slapback and the original is for the longer settings

Grandy

Tele-Holic
I have 5+ delays. I have several set ups. There's at least one delay in all of them. Others change and delays mostly stay in place. On larger boards I have two to get wild.:cool:

erratick

Tele-Holic
I'm not much of a delay guy and I'm confused about what constitutes a delay pedal, most modulations are kind of a delay (chorus or flange). But I'll go with "labelled or marketed as a delay".

And my answer is 2 on guitar. I used to use 0- dry all the time for 20-30 years.

But now I play a few tunes that are awash in delay (Cocteau Twins, a couple Rush songs, etc).

So I have a slapback very clean accurate delay. 1 repeat, low delay ms times.

And I have an analog delay that can do the repeats and wash on the repeats (with a flanger/chorus of course).

The analog delay also has the tap, and the dot/repeat settings because who doesn't want to do tricks like Gilmour or the Edge. This makes it like another instrument and required some practice for me.

This video helped.

I'm considering a 3rd delay on the board or sometimes swapping because I have a dod rubberneck (underrated) and a boss re-20 space echo (wild) and they are similar but kind of have a different vibe.

The slapback is a TC electronics-Alter Ego with a slapback tone print from the Flashback. I got the Alter Ego to originally do what the Rubberneck and RE-20 do. It's okay at some of them, but it's great at the tone prints from the flashback.

Slapback is kind of an a flavor for me. Just sounds a little thicker. It's a per song thing for sure. And sometimes I don't like the way it combines with my fuzz.

Anyway- could go back to no delay at any moment, but I'm enjoying delay as an instrument and as a flavor.

Mikecito

Tele-Meister
I use mxr CC as almost always on for slap, running into CC Deluxe for tap tempo repeats.
This setup replaced my broken TC Triple Delay (that will get fixed someday...)

TokyoPortrait

Friend of Leo's
Hi.

That’s kinda two questions in the Title, but one in the poll.

I answered two, for have. Actively use, the answer is one.

My Japan made and very old, possibly 1981, probably 1982 DM2 sounds great, but my Fender Mirror Image Delay is more practical and versatile and I worry much much less about it.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, Fender really nailed a ‘real world useful range and ability with ease’ on their new (ish) pedal line.

Pax/
Dean

wulfenganck

Tele-Afflicted
Re-reading the original question, I may have to alter....
I got all in all 5 delay pedals (plus an old 19'' Alesis Midiverb II), but I only use four of them:
- 2 (El Capistan and Red Panda Raster) on my main board,
- 1 (T-Rex Reptile) on my board for spontaneous jams,
- 1 (TC Nova Delay) on my board at home, this is the board where I usually check new pedals, so it's in a constant change.
A Behringer and the Alesis just lie around in a drawer....