1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

How many amps do you own ?

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by johnny k, Jun 26, 2020.

1. berzirk

berzirk TDPRI Member

How do you like the Z wreck Jr.
    I was between that and Carmen Ghia and went with the Ghia

2. OldPup

OldPup Tele-Meister Ad Free Member

Amphenge!

Minivan Megafun likes this.
  3. gridlock

gridlock Poster Extraordinaire

Five (5) currently. Wanting to add another Super Reverb sometime.

4D621DC3-7992-4094-B0E5-FEC24FD0C51E.jpeg EA0BA56E-DB1B-4A1D-BFB2-3DCBFEC1B2C3.jpeg 2ABFE4FB-A830-4DE0-9F32-C80F86EA1D76.jpeg 9E1BC603-4CCF-41AB-9171-02318AE4C2A7.jpeg 7861D42C-874C-4AA2-9AB0-B858E2FF1540.jpeg

hotrodkid, hockey guy and 63tweed like this.
  4. 63tweed

63tweed TDPRI Member Silver Supporter

@berzirk

Both are different types of amplifiers and sound different from each other, I am now in a honeymoon with the Z-Wreck jr but I also love my Carmen Ghia and yes the Z-Wreck is really really great.

berzirk likes this.
  5. Alcee

Alcee TDPRI Member

I own 3 production amps:

79' Fender Vibro Champ

Gibson Gold Tone GA15RV

Late 80's early 90's Peavey Rage (this stays in the shop as a test amp).

Other than these, I have a compliment of home brews, and in a sense, I collect circuits. All of these are heads.

Gibson GA-5 (x2 using different tubes)

Fender AB764 (the VC circuit without tremolo)

Single channel Fender AB763

Fender 5F10

18watt Marshall/Watkins (x2 using different tubes; they both sound great, but the one with 6EU6 and ECL86s, which actually runs around 13watts, is my favorite amp.

Various homemade instrument and vocal preamps.

Along with the 5 amp cabinets, I reckon I have a decent palate of sound to play around with.

It's really fun, and I'm not in the least embarrassed about the pile of equipment I've accumulated.

6. Tone Chase

Tone Chase Tele-Meister

Most that I had at one time was 25 plus.

Got down to 6, but up to 13, 7 get most of the use. The others are collectables, or special interest amps of Canadian origin. They are worth owning for what I paid for them, and what they do. Main drawback is the larger size and weight. Big iron amps, gotta love them.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2020
  7. hockey guy

hockey guy Tele-Meister

I have a 69 Fender Champ, 65PRRI and a Roland micro cube GTX.

8. gridlock

gridlock Poster Extraordinaire

9. hotraman

hotraman Tele-Afflicted

A few:
    Boss Katana head that I use a 12" closed back cab or a 15" open back cab ( for pedal steel)
    A MB200 bass amp head .. for pedal steel
    Mesa Express 5:25 V1. My only tube amp
    Jazzkat Tomkat.

I play amp less with a DSM Simplifier at the end of my pedalboard.

10. T-Bone

T-Bone Tele-Afflicted

Six now:

Fender PRRI Tweed w/12” C Rex
    Fender Pro Jr Tweed w/Weber
    Laney LC15R
    Vox AC4TV Mini
    Fender Rumble 25
    Blackstar Fly

11. Anthonyb

Anthonyb TDPRI Member

12. brookdalebill

brookdalebill Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

Presently, I have 7.
    4 electric guitar, 2 bass, 1 acoustic.
    2 Roland Cube 80XL
    1 Music Man RD 112
    1 DV Mark Frank Gambale
    1 Fishman Loudbox Performer
    1 Traynor Block 80
    1 GK 1-12 combo with 1-12 extension cabinet

13. Cloodie

Cloodie Tele-Meister

I'm down to one, a Katana 50w.

In the past couple of months I've sold my Fender Mustang and Orange Micro Terror.

This month should see a major upgrade as I'm awaiting delivery of a Tone King Falcon Grande. :)

tce63 likes this.
  14. BobbyZ

BobbyZ Doctor of Teleocity

I'm down to six amps, after the fire. Two 6v6 Reverberockets, two Twin Reverbs, a 1987 Marshall and a 2555 Slash Marshall.
    If you've got amps you're not using, like I did, selling them isn't a bad idea. I kept them all because I hate selling. Now they're little piles of scrap metal and charcoal. Can't remember what some of them even where.

15. harpdog

harpdog Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

8...sheesh. 2 are bass...
    5 powered PA speakers...
    2 Bose PAs
    I should have a garage sale

16. Wildeman

Wildeman Tele-Meister

Hella

17. Jared Purdy

Jared Purdy Friend of Leo's

I guess 3 is the correct answer. Fender 57 Custom Deluxe and the Fender 64' Custom Hand Wired Princeton Reverb. Technically the little Roland Micro Cube is also an amp.

18. Frisco 57

Frisco 57 Tele-Meister

Four...
    Fender Pro Reverb SF (1974)
    Fender Vibro Champ BF (1967)
    Fender Pro Junior US (1994)
    Vox AC-15 TB2 (1999)

19. hotrodkid

hotrodkid Tele-Afflicted

Some nice collections here! All the brown Fenders, Victorias, tweed Bassmans and the Vibro King are right up my alley.

I’m at six tube amps which is currently double what I’ve always had in the past. Funny thing is, when I played out I had way less amps. See the trend? More time home equals more toys. So no band currently, kinda living in the past, but what else is there to do?

1. Blackstar HT1R (white edition) Bought new in 2013 as a practice amp and has never broken down. Still has the original tubes, two ECC83’s I believe. The clean channel with the gain at 12:00 and the amp’s volume cranked is where all the magic lies.

2. 1984 Sundown Artist 100C. Bought it back in 2009 and actually had two of these for a while. Kind of a Boogie Mark II idea designed by Dennis Kager of Ampeg fame. I ised to have a Mark IIB amd side by side I could dial in the Sundown’s OD channel hair splitting close! Other than that the clean channel is a better pedal platform to my ears than a blackface. Mine is a prototype with insanely huge iron. Had an issue originally where it would only run a NOS quad of 6L6’s $$$! Had a tech convert it to run a pair of current production 6550’s. All’s good now. However it doesn’t see much use lately. Too much invested and too heavy to ship so I let it sit for now.

3. Marshall DSL20HR. Even though I’m more into Fenders as I age I bought this new about two years ago only because I needed something Marshall to plug into my two vintage Marshall 4x12 cabs. Told you I live in the past.

4. 2015 (USA) Peavey Classic 30 tweed combo. I bought this new from a friend who at the time owned a small music shop, since defunct. It was the last of the USA built models with the four foot switchable functions and the blue marvel speaker. I’ve had a few different speakers in it and currently I’m running a Kendrick brownframe. It’s my grab-n-go jam amp, if that ever happens. Basically bought from a good friend partly to help him out and also because I’ve used them in the past with bands and have good memories from it. Like said a bunch of times by others, these really shine in a live band mix.

5. Marsh 5F6-A clone. Currently my favorite amp. If I was down to only one this would be it. This amp with a few pedals can do anything I would ever need. Story goes, I had an early 90’s Fender ‘59 Bassman reissue that I stupidly sold years ago. This Marsh was revenge for that act of stupidness. A good Strat and a tweed Bassman is heaven!

6. 1993 Fender ‘59 Bassman reissue. This is the other part of amp number five. Just recently bought this from a good friend and it was a great deal with a smooth transaction, so I said why not seeing it's my favorite circuit. It’s actually with Mike Marsh as I write this being gutted and hand wired into a correct 5F6-A circuit. There was nothing wrong with the amp other than I had the means and strong urge to go ahead with the conversion. Plus I’m nuts!

20. blowtorch

blowtorch Telefied Ad Free Member

a quick count totals 18

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.