How Many Amps Do You Have?

Riffraff12571

Tele-Holic
More than I should. I'm going to sell a couple of my combos to buy a new guitar. There's a Stromberg-Carlson vintage lunch box behind the Egnater Tweaker and a Bugera T5 behind the Bassman.

F6zNRRe.jpg

rgYAUhD.jpg
0MbtJKF.jpg

Last edited:

Festofish

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
I’ve got a Marshall MA50c on consignment. The 3 I have at home are a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, Blackstar HT Club 40 and a Boss Katana 50. All 4, like most of my gear, were trades. I primarily run effects through the Fender which is my main amp. When I want compressed fire I go with the Blackstar.

PCollen

Friend of Leo's
You can include modeling devices (Line 6 Pod, Boss GT, Zoom, etc) and amp-like pedals (Tech 21, Joyo, etc) in your count if you want. And, include cabs as well if you wish.

I got to thinking about this recently when I took this picture of some of my practice amps while playing around with a mini pedalboard. My wife walked by my home office/studio and asked, "Just how many amps do you have?" I mumbled, "Oh, about 10 or so I guess." But, the real number is probably 20-ish, closer to 35 to 40 once everything amp-like is included. Ouch!

View attachment 1001422
considering the models. about 30-40

Mjark

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
66 Bassman Head and Cabinet, 1972 Deluxe Reverb, Dan Marker Custom 10 Watt Head, A dead Super Champ XD, a Spark Positive Grid and a Crate Power Block.

Lowspeid

Tele-Meister
I can’t begin to count how many I’ve owned and moved along. Fender, Vox, Marshall, Mesa, Suhr, Line 6, and more.

The ones that remain are:

Marshall SV20H w/ 2061cx 2x12 cab
1974 Fender Music Master Bass amp
1975 Princeton Reverb
Victoria 20112 T

I still want a brownface Deluxe or Princeton, but that’s gonna have to wait for a while.

Silverface

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
18-ish I think.

Except for a few specialty amps (Atomic Amplifire 6, Positive Grid Spark and Spark mini, a Mark Bass Combo and my absolute best sounding and most versatile amp - used for almost every gig and session for 20 years - my Holland Little Jimi, which runs on anything from 6V6's to 6550's with just a bias adjustment), all but a couple are 1948-1966 Fenders - played regularly and kept maintained; all bought or traded for years ago as both players and investments.

El Tele Lobo

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
I can’t begin to count how many I’ve owned and moved along. Fender, Vox, Marshall, Mesa, Suhr, Line 6, and more.

The ones that remain are:

Marshall SV20H w/ 2061cx 2x12 cab
1974 Fender Music Master Bass amp
1975 Princeton Reverb
Victoria 20112 T

I still want a brownface Deluxe or Princeton, but that’s gonna have to wait for a while.
On the 20112 T, is that a Tremolux?

Lowspeid

Tele-Meister
On the 20112 T, is that a Tremolux?
The 20112 T is a 5e3 Deluxe clone. From what I understand Victoria labeled the 20112 early on with a “T”, but several years ago they dropped the “T” and just went with 20112 for their 5e3. From what I understand they are the same amp build and design.

jkats

Tele-Meister
Silver Supporter
At one time or another, I have owned one of just about everything Fender made from 1965 on and had a real tweed Champ for a while, but now am down to these five amps:

1979 Deluxe Reverb with boost circuit pulled and modded by David Allen with higher power OT and SS rectifier to run 6L6 and Jensen C12N RI;
Princeton Reverb RI with Allesandro ceramic 10";
LilDawg 5E3 lunchbox with tweed Deluxe style speaker cab;
Fishman Loudbox mini; and
Battery powered Fender Mini-Twin (for my repair bench)

Last edited:

DuckDodgers

Tele-Holic
You can include modeling devices (Line 6 Pod, Boss GT, Zoom, etc) and amp-like pedals (Tech 21, Joyo, etc) in your count if you want. And, include cabs as well if you wish.

I got to thinking about this recently when I took this picture of some of my practice amps while playing around with a mini pedalboard. My wife walked by my home office/studio and asked, "Just how many amps do you have?" I mumbled, "Oh, about 10 or so I guess." But, the real number is probably 20-ish, closer to 35 to 40 once everything amp-like is included. Ouch!

View attachment 1001422