1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

How good is USPS? Looking for reassurance guys!

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by StuR, Dec 5, 2013.

1. Edgar Allan Presley

Edgar Allan Presley Friend of Leo's

I can't say anything about postmen in Tennessee, but I've had only good experiences shipping with USPS. It used to be their tracking was useless, but it is now better than FedEx and UPS.

I hope everything is delivered ok. Good luck.

2. AndyLowry

AndyLowry Friend of Leo's

I had a package go on an extended trip once, but it did eventually get to me. Every other time has been without incident-- I guess that would be one oddity out of five hundred or so, and even the oddity just took an extra couple of weeks.

3. StuR

StuR Banned

Thanks - I was told anything between 5 days and five weeks from here.

4. Mike H.

Mike H. Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

There are horror stories about every carrier. I've had nothing but good experiences with USPS.

5. StuR

StuR Banned

Sounds mostly positive so far, which is encouraging. I've had to put a customs contents declaration on the packing, so I hope someone doesn't think it's worth a fortune and disappear it.
    That's not to say UPS guys, but anyone between me, here and TN.

6. christhee68

christhee68 Friend of Leo's

I was buying a guitar off ebay a couple of years ago.

Guitar 1 (shipped Fedex): Lost
    Guitar 2 (shipped UPS): Broken neck
    Guitar 3 (USPS): Received promptly with no damage

7. Shiro

Shiro Tele-Meister

I send 30-60 USPS Priority boxes a month. Have been for the last 10 months. Not one problem. I think they're very good.

8. Big John Studd

Big John Studd Friend of Leo's

I usually use USPS. No problems here, but I'm not shipping delicate guitars either. Fedex literally carries a large bulk of the mail for the USPS by the way.

9. SamClemons

SamClemons Poster Extraordinaire

Ya'll have had better luck than I have.I ship a lot of packages. I will not use parcel post, lost too many and had too many damaged. Parcel post and media can take a long time also, up to a month within the US. First class is alright, but I figure to loose some. Priority is better. I also purchase a lot. I would say 1 out of 50 to 100 never make it here, some get damaged. Just had something arrive with the packaging destroyed, had to pick it up at the post office, but it did get here. It is not a bad idea, though I do not often do it, to have an address inside the package. Oh, I am in Tennessee by the way. I just had a Potentiometer shipped to me from New England disappear in the mail. They kindly refunded the money and said they will no longer ship...whatever Parcel post used to be, has a new name now.

10. StuR

StuR Banned

AFAIK it's Royal Mail until it's on the plane, & USPS when the plane lands Stateside. I'm guessing it's standard USPS mail, no tracking or priority.

11. Red Square

Red Square Friend of Leo's

+1

12. Jimmy Dean

Jimmy Dean Friend of Leo's

When ordering online if I have a choice of shippers I always choose USPS. I hate UPS, it always takes a week. USPS gets here in 3 days. Not sure about how they do on international shipping.

13. Wallo Tweed

Wallo Tweed Friend of Leo's

Never had a problem with them. I recently ordered some items from a company in N.C. They were shipped Fed-Ex to my local post office, and delivered by our mail carrier.

14. vincent

vincent Tele-Holic

I've never had a problem with the USPS. I have sent a lot of stuff through them over the years and think they have been great.

15. muchxs

muchxs Doctor of Teleocity

I just got a guitar that was shipped in a gig bag. They didn't break it.

It was shipped up from Charlotte. The Charlotte Post Office has their own way of doing things. The tracking didn't get scanned until it got to Jersey City. "It doesn't exist. It doesn't exist." Hey, ho! Like magic it shows up in Jersey City.

For those of you who don't know... Jersey City is a magical place. :D

16. Gearhead88

Gearhead88 Tele-Holic

They have never once let me down , dozens of ebay transactions , not a single problem.

17. StuR

StuR Banned

Cool, sounding good. If it gets there OK I'll share on here.
    Thanks guys - I feel a lot more hopeful - I think! ;)

18. Viejo

Viejo Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

The last 2 packages I received from overseas were from Australia, sent Australian Post and then USPS. They weren't supposed to be track-able but they both were once they came through US Customs, using the Australian Post # on the USPS tracking site. They both arrived in fine shape

19. LKB3rd

LKB3rd Friend of Leo's

I haven't had any serious issues with them either. One time they delivered a package to the wrong house, and the lady at the desk called the carrier and he went and got it and brought it to me. Try that with Fedex.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.