How do you use your Klon (or klone)?

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by ukepicker, Dec 4, 2018.

1. Lies&Distortion

Lies&Distortion Tele-Afflicted

I am finding that out about so many low gain drive pedals.

Pixies2005, waparker4 and beninma like this.
  2. chemobrain

chemobrain Friend of Leo's

people who get paid to evaluate and review gear, have rwriten the the TC Electronics MojoMojo pedal is comparable to the Klon pedal. If it is a sound you are chasing and not a form I might recomment that you try the MojoMojo pedal in that it sound similar and is a damned sight cheaper than an original Klon as well as being easier to find. Good luck in your tone quest

3. omahaaudio

omahaaudio Friend of Leo's

Tried a Soul Food, meh. Had a Tumnus for a while, it was okay.
    Got a Mythical Overdrive and finally found out what all of the Klon/Klone talk was about.

El Tele Lobo likes this.
  4. omahaaudio

omahaaudio Friend of Leo's

Who?

Unless you mean those YouTubers that get paid by companies (like TC) to "evaluate" and "review" (i.e. demonstrate) gear. Not that there isn't a place for those people as they often do excellent demonstrations that show a pedal's potential and sound possibilities , but they are far from being neutral reviewers.

5. chemobrain

OH I forgot to say that I own and happily use the MojoMojo and I don't pretend to be neutral, fair or unbiased.
    All comparisons aside I find MOJOMOJO useful in the recording of my slide guitar parts particularly when used with the Stryman Deco pedal, the condination of both is great and affordable.
    And/Or/And/But unlike some ,I don't require a 1968 plexi head to thrash my nervous system into a bleeding mass of pulpitating fiberious goo.....;) if I can get the same sound at neighbor friendly head phone line levels, sparing Sgt O'Banyon and patrolmen Murphy and O'Conner yet another trip to my house. to ask me what planet I'm from, :D

El Tele Lobo likes this.
  6. luckett

luckett Banned

The mojo mojo doesn't sound anything like a klon.

chemobrain likes this.
  7. rjtwangs

rjtwangs Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Sorry for the delayed response! I wanted to try a few different brands so, I have cables from Divine Noise that run from the amp to the first pedal. The cables connecting the 4 pedals are George L' s and the cable running from the amp or pedal are Pete Cornish Silver Signature Guitar cables. I have another room set up where I can play LOUD, so I have a Swart AST that I use with either a Mythical or my early Clark Gainster. I use a Divine Noise cable from the amp to whichever pedal I'm using with another Pete Cornish Silver Signature cable to the guitar.I also recently acquired a DOD Swamp Thang that I think is a really cool Tremolo pedal. I admit to being a tremolo/vibrato slut.....my favorite effect...hope this long winded response helps!

RJ

Last edited: Dec 24, 2018
  8. chemobrain

oh , thats funny, what amp are you using, does your mojo mojo sound different than your klon.
    I assume your correct and know what your talking about, but ! the rephrase my inoperative statement , I 'll start by saying your right the dont sound at all like each other. and .... I will boldly assert that I like my mojo mojo a lot, and this is an accertion that I make based on my own personal taste or lack there of which is probably the case in that I can't tell the difference between the sound of a
    1990'S JCM 900 and a new Suhr PT 100
    one mans Two Rock does not always sound like another mans Dumble just as eels from the Tiber never taste like eels from the Rubicon.
    Personally I only like Eels from the upper River Lee, as the eel from below Bow Creek taste of raw sewage from the Thames, some people say they taste the same othere are infactic to the point of imperious of saying that they don't taste of raw sewage , but then it must be a matter of raw sewage becoming an accepted taste to ones palette.

9. luckett

luckett Banned

I'm not quite sure what you're babbling about and what it has to do with a klon, but I'm happy for your bold assertion that you like your mojo mojo a lot.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.