How do you spend your time waiting for a new guitar to be delivered?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by mimmo, Dec 26, 2015.

1. mimmo

mimmo Friend of Leo's

Hi guys,

First off I hope you had a great time during Xmas :p

All is in the title, what do you do to help the hours pass away after you ordered a guitar online?
    Sorry if it isn't the right place to post this.

I am hardly waiting for my newly acquired classic 50s lacquer, it should be here on Monday if I am lucky or on Tuesday at least.

I did all I could, such as reading AGAIN all the threads about this guitar on TDPRI, saw all the videos on youtube, made a search about new pickups to eventually pur in it (I will give the original ones a chance of course, but it seems a pretty common mod around here), I also checked if the weight claimed by the seller is too much (7 lbs 7 oz) :eek:

Hope it can be a funny thread.

Thanks guys and enjoy these days with your family and friends :cool:

God bless

Mimmo.

skypeace likes this.
  2. Ham and Eggs

Ham and Eggs Tele-Meister

Same.....plus repeatedly checking the tracking so much that it crashes the USPS server. Stupid sort facilities :)

skypeace likes this.
  3. puddin

puddin Tele-Holic

Hey Paisan, you think your under pressure sweating UPS for delivery. You made my day. I mean no disrespect, but I'm waiting on a 3400.00 custom build from Ron Kirn. I fill you man... so I moved my computer to the bathroom. LOL God bless.

skypeace likes this.
  4. Jupiter

Jupiter Telefied Silver Supporter

I spend my time building it. :cool:

Sometimes it takes 14 months... :oops:

skypeace likes this.
  5. Norrin Radd

Norrin Radd Tele-Holic

Damn good question! Made me laugh thinking about it. I'm currently waiting on a body and a neck to be delivered for my first parts-o-caster I'm putting together. I have all the other parts, but the neck is due any day and the body isn't supposed to arrive until the first week in March.

Mostly, I just try and forget about it altogether. But that never works. I can't count the number of times I've arranged all the parts on my workbench to get an idea of what it will be like when completed. :oops:

In addition, it's fair to say my house is cleaner than usual and I've read more books in the last couple of months than in the last 12. In fact, long walks with my dog have become a daily adventure and my workbench is completely organized. Not to mention my basement is getting pretty clean too. I generally have the patience of a child waiting for their parents to get out of bed on Christmas morning to open presents, so if I don't keep myself busy, I generally go nuts.

The good news to all of this is that the wife has really liked my productivity at home over this period and is likely to be okay with another parts caster purchase in the near future. I already dropped that hint when she asked what I was going to do with some $$$ I acquired from selling some stuff (from cleaning out the basement). I told her I'd like to save it for getting more parts in case my current assembly goes well and I really enjoy doing it. She said nothing. Believe me, if she were opposed, I'd have known! :lol:

Gotta go now, see what else is in that basement to sell......

6. fendertx

fendertx Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

I sit on the front porch with a thermos of coffee! :p

skypeace likes this.
  7. Serenity23

Serenity23 Tele-Holic

Watching all the Youtube video demos of the guitar/amp/pedal while praying that it arrives in perfect condition. Nothing worse than getting a new axe only to have to send it back for a replacement.

skypeace likes this.
  8. Jonzilla

Jonzilla Tele-Meister

The days leading up to delivery I'm mostly checking the tracking repeatedly. But once it's out for delivery I usually have to leave work early, telling my boss I have an "appointment."

skypeace likes this.
  9. GuitarJonz

GuitarJonz Poster Extraordinaire

Gathering the parts to change every freakin' thing on it...ha ha ha:p

10. Ham and Eggs

Ham and Eggs Tele-Meister

Haha, my family doesn't leave the house on "guitar days"

skypeace likes this.
  11. burntfrijoles

burntfrijoles Poster Extraordinaire

Play your other guitars. There's a good chance they will be "lonely" after your new one arrives.
    Look for other accoutrements to properly adorn or augment your new love. While I was waiting for my #1 Tele I searched on-line for a fine guitar strap. I ended up with a custom strap.
    Select just the right tunes you want to play when you get her.

12. mimmo

mimmo Friend of Leo's

Great level of replies guys, I did know I am not alone! :)
    Keep posting, I find this thread really funny!

I am on the couch now, playing my beloved PV 52 unplugged....

skypeace likes this.
  13. Ronkirn

Ronkirn Doctor of Teleocity Vendor Member

Oh.. this is an easy one... I go next door,,, tell the "girls", a bevy of Hooter's girls renting the place, that their Hot tub probably needs attention... I'll be happy to help 'em with it... so we all pile in and take care of it... it can take several days... so.... since there's a great delivery service that will deliver yummies and adult beverages... waiting has been no problem... sometimes I can wait myself into a stupor for days at a time...... best done when the wife is on a cruise... Loooooong cruise... :twisted:;)

Ron Kirn

14. reckless meanie

reckless meanie Tele-Meister

I reply to puddin

I ordered one last month as well. I'm guessing it will be here in the 4-6 weeks. You'll have to put some pictures up when it arrives. I'll help the rest us make it through the difficult waiting period.

15. puddin

puddin Tele-Holic

reckless meanie

Too funny. I love this post. And yes, I will post pictures. I'm not in a hurry. Having too much fun going for the ride. Ron Kirn is the man. Now back to the post.take care.

16. Boyd

Boyd Tele-Afflicted

Never had to spend any time waiting for a new guitar to be delivered. I only buy guitars that I can try first and take back home if I decide to buy.:D

17. puddin

puddin Tele-Holic

OMG... too funny.. lighten up Francis... we have all been there before. At sometime in one's life, building a partscaster can be fun and wonderful experience. Having a custom guitar built from scratch, with all due respect is a honor. Roll the dice... its about going for the ride.

skypeace likes this.
  18. Guitdrum

Guitdrum Tele-Meister

Yeah better play the heck out of your guitars cause you ain't gonna for a good while :)
    I can relate man!

19. Fendereedo

Fendereedo Friend of Leo's

Looking forward to pics Mimmo!

20. Jimclarke100

Jimclarke100 Tele-Afflicted

Hmm - I live about 45 mins from Andertons and a couple of other major uk retailers so don't tend to be waiting for guitars to be delivered instead I do and play and choose what I want...

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.