How do you relax?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by TheGoodTexan, Sep 12, 2019.

1. SacDAve

SacDAve Poster Extraordinaire

B3BFD025-76B3-4398-BF2A-94C7AE638A7D.jpeg 9CDC43B3-622B-40D7-B530-B713B3FD36EC.jpeg 4338DA86-1994-4323-BB53-3ED8B44C1B0F.jpeg
    OK Burgers in Paradise Lahaina Town Lunch . Beach tomorrow lot of beach. We have’t been to Burgers in Paradise for about 5 years not the same as years ago, just not very good anymore everything changes. Tomorrow starts the big relax.

2. Skydog1010

Skydog1010 Tele-Afflicted Ad Free Member

Guitar
    Sketch
    Nap
    Walk
    Work on a easy fun project
    Watch TV ( movies) with my wife
    Play with the dog
    Walk the dog
    Meditation
    Day dream
    Drink cold water
    Take a hot shower
    Sex

3. Brian J.

Brian J. Tele-Afflicted

bourbon and marijuana

4. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

First words in original post:

Other than alcohol, tobacco, or [other chemical], what do you do to calm yourself at the conclusion of a particularly stressful day/week/season of life?
    Go home, yer drunk! :lol:

stevemc likes this.
  5. stratoman1

stratoman1 Tele-Afflicted

Sitting out here is nice now that the temps have eased up a bit

20190914_185742.jpg 20190914_185934.jpg 20190914_190117.jpg

stevemc and Greggorios like this.
  6. tubelectron

tubelectron Tele-Holic

I listen to EM :rolleyes::cool: :

-tbln

7. Harry Styron

Harry Styron Tele-Afflicted

My six-person office wasn’t working smoothly so I hired a consultant to conduct interviews with the employees and give us (all of us) a report. The three menopausal women all told the consultant that I was moody.

getbent likes this.
  8. Pechorin

Pechorin TDPRI Member

[​IMG]

I do it three times a week anyway as a finisher where it's part of an abbreviated kind of PPL lifting routine, but it's an available outlet at all times.

Shuster likes this.
  9. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

And I read. Just bought the new Margaret Atwood book at Costco.

Harry Styron and Greggorios like this.
  10. Greggorios

Greggorios Friend of Leo's

That's perfection in that picture. I can't imagine anything better. :) (although Shuster's #19 above is close 2nd...:D)

Obsessed and Shuster like this.
  11. stevemc

stevemc Tele-Holic

no reefer eh? then i got nothin'.....but seriously,other than guitar, fishing,walking and reading mostly.

Greggorios likes this.
  12. Shuster

Shuster Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

BigDaddyLH likes this.
  13. Matthias

Matthias Friend of Leo's

- Modding guitars
    - Building model kits. I have too many now though and I like building more than having them round the house!
    - Walking

14. brookdalebill

brookdalebill Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

Back deck, a cold or hot drink, a smoke, a cat, whatever wildlife (foxes, possums, raccoons, neighbor cats, neighbor dogs, scrub jays, blue jays, cardinals, titmouse, chickadees, mourning doves, Mexican doves, and the odd skunk) happens by.
    Like Ringo says, “Peace and Love “.

Greggorios and Shuster like this.
  15. ReverendRevolver

ReverendRevolver Tele-Holic

Make the kids calm down and watch no YouTube, non video game strategy guides on the TV. Then watch with them. We got 4 episodes into the first season of Adam's Family with all 3 of them laughing before they bothered asking anything about it...

Playing Atari/Nintendo/Genesis/SNES games with said children on my modified SNES Classic.

Watching movies with my wife.

Playing guitar while lounging on a couch and sometimes watching tv with the kids simultaneously.

Grilling dinner and playing guitar (run cable In doggy door, to amp 13' from grill, safely in kitchen. I do tend to swing the guitar behind me when moving the food....)

Oh. And sleeping. Between 55ish hour workweek, and the 45 minute each way drive, I try making time for more fulfilling things, but sleep seems to always win eventually.

16. Saxonbowman

Saxonbowman TDPRI Member

During the daytime the best therapy is to take the dog to the park where there is a nice wooded trail to walk around.

In the evening I usually practice the guitar for an hour or two. I have to be careful not to play too late or whatever riff I'm working on gets stuck in my head all night. To get to sleep at night I have to force myself to stop surfing the web and other activities and read for a while. I can even read an ebook off of my phone as long as I have the background color set to amber. Lately on a nice evening I go out on the back deck and sit in the semi-darkness while the dog sniffs around. My wife thinks it's odd but it really helps to clear the mind. As you may have guessed from the above having a dog helps a lot!

17. nosuch

nosuch Friend of Leo's

Playing and/or listening to music, cooking and/or eating a nice meal, spending time with the family, riding my bike, walking, napping, reading, watching a nice movie, sex ...

18. 24 track

24 track Doctor of Teleocity

over the past years I have had an uncontrolable urge to Build , make , create ,design and recycle every thing I personally believe that built in redundancy is a trap, get it back to basics then mod it to standard , well enough of my religious thoughts ( but this is highly relaxing to me)

when situations get overwhelming I put on one special album (or cd that I have Ravi Shankar sounds of india ) increadable playing, but the Raga's are outstanding , I like music from other cultures it is not confined to genre or the same scales as we use plus the instrumentation is different as well , a new perspective to music it helps to break up the complacency we hear every day .

then there is playing and recording , right now Im learning the Midi 1&2 standards plus the USB standards fascinating stuff and where its going into the future will open up alot of new possibilities for instrument control and sound possibilities

I dont smoke or drink ( 3 bottles of wine and 1 beer ) so far this year ,I know..... but at one time I could have drunk or smoked most of you under the table and I'm not proud of it ,

plus I live in a nat geo episode ,it all tends to make you unstressed, and I can freely deal with the day to day.

19. black_doug

black_doug Tele-Afflicted

Being that I live in the third largest city in North America I find I need to get away. Somewhere by a lake or river and camping, fishing, canoeing, or just sitting. Walking along the shore of Lake Ontario does it too, if I don't have time to go further out to the country. This song speaks to me.

20. Robert H.

Robert H. Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Are you forgetting Mexico City...?

black_doug likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.