How do you play your amp AT HOME ?

El Famoso

Tele-Meister
Got it -- snow birds, right?

Try this:

nunuvat.gif
No idea on that one. Born and raised in NM but spent some of my early 20s bumming around the US and Canada. Worked in NS and BC and QB. Went to NF to see the old Viking settlement thing. Made it off the ferry with $20 and spent a few weeks picking pears in Nova Scotia until I had some cash again.

Haven't been back up north in a long time but man I had an awesome time there.

unixfish

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
On the floor. Close to the wall, but not right by it so the sound can "breathe" a bit. I play in my office chair between meetings and to get a break from writing code, so I rarely stand. Although, I now leave my Tele on a stand with the strap attached, so I could stand, I just don't.

CapnCrunch

Friend of Leo's
Marshall 18 watt, AC 15, and AC 30 heads into a Marshall 4x12. I Play in the two car garage to avoid completely blowing the rest of the family out of the house.

teletimetx

Doctor of Teleocity
Got it -- snow birds, right?

Try this:

nunuvat.gif

...we should have none of that flag brandishing around here...or should I say

Nunavat? (just don't ask me to clearly delineate it's boundary on a map - somewhere around that big bay...)

as far as amps in the house, big 'uns on the floor, and the little guy on a stand or a bench I built in junior high shop.

pokett

TDPRI Member
On the floor, smaller stacked on bigger to take up less space. Doesn't hurt that it puts the controls at the right height. Although I've been meaning to play with some stereo applications with two of my amps, so I'll probably have to move stuff around to make that make any sense…

IMG_8367.JPG

DaveKS

Friend of Leo's
Pair of amps, set on old end tables about 21" off floor, 8' apart angled in a bit so they basically hit me in elbows with speaker beam when I'm setting in chair.

JuneauMike

Poster Extraordinaire
I do now :) It ain't a looker, but it's solid and sounds good. 2 x 12", Celestion Mesa Black Shadow + V30. Currently running a Mesa Mini Rec + Orange Dual Terror in stereo and still deciding whether I like it or whether just to use the Mesa.

* edit - the design is based on the "Solar Wind 212" by Kevin O'Connor / London Power.

View attachment 380135

The mallet is a nice touch. Is that to adjust the volume?

Bob M

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
I have a decent size family room. Just my wife and I in 3,000 sq, ft. on 3/4 an acre. I can crank stuff up pretty good without anyone complaining. I built carriages for my amps so I can easily wheel them in and out.

8upSS

Tele-Holic
My SuperSonic 60 has tilt legs. It's the first amp I've had with them, and I think they're cool so I use them. I have a foam donut on the inside of the grill cloth that eliminates that straight on treble "bite".

And I live in the country, so I CRANK it [emoji41]