1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

How do you know...

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by tele-nova, Oct 26, 2020.

1. 1293

1293 Poster Extraordinaire

I can't stand a beard, but I haven't had a haircut since December. I can put my hair in my mouth for the first time in over 30 years.

2. Obsessed

Obsessed Telefied Silver Supporter

When it is too thick to wash all of the natural oils out with shampooing and rinsing once ... or when the weather turns hot. It's a thick mop that I think I got from my Welsh lineage.

3. telleutelleme

telleutelleme Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

When I look at my pictures from the 70's and realize I would be happy with 5% of what I had then.

aging_rocker likes this.
  4. ping-ping-clicka

ping-ping-clicka Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

my hair very thick and wavy , Ilet grow until it was down to the middle of my back, taking care ,just brushing and washing became to much of a hassle like job. so I cut it all off.
    "this is no fun."

5. Mechanic

Mechanic Friend of Leo's

As a kid out of high school I let it grow for 2 or 3 years. Working in SoCal I got away with it. In ‘74 I moved to Utah and diesel school and needing a gig, I’d walk into a shop door with a good mechanics resume and contacts from SoCal truck shops and gas stations. Wouldn’t even get an interview. Down to my last $100 to get back to LA. Went to my aunts cafe. A sherif I’d meet heard my tail of woe offered to buy me a hair cut if I’d go back to the last shop I had tried. Took him up on it. Got the cut went back same jeans shirt and boots. Got the job. Worked that week and told the boss about having to cut my hair. He looked kind of caught red handed at being an ass. Made some good coin eel hole going to school at night. Forward 40 years during which I’d kept it longish but under control for safety and church and all that entails. I was forced to retire due to health issues and a liver transplant. I haven’t cut my hair for 18 months. I’m not folicaly challanged nor white. I’m not a regular shaver as I have a very light thin beard. But having thin blood and bleeding easily I don’t shave but buzz it off every other week or when I need to be presentable.

6. Tonetele

Tonetele Poster Extraordinaire

It's nearly always warm here in Oz and I find that long(er) hatir is uncomfortable especially when trying to sleep on pillows.

7. Weazel

Weazel Tele-Holic

I am particular about my nose hair after this:

Colleague: "So, you're growing a moustache then?"
    Me: "No...?"
    Colleague: "......"

Last edited: Oct 27, 2020
  8. blue metalflake

blue metalflake Doctor of Teleocity

When it’s a week since I last used my clippers

9. 1955

1955 Poster Extraordinaire

If any enemy can grab it.

10. 24 track

24 track Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

its never too long but I do cut it when its over 12 inches long , then i donateit to the cancer society , so some poor bugger can have a 24 wig , I cant imagine the indignaty of dealing with such a horrendous health issue , feeling sick all the time and being embarassed by the side effects , so as long as I can do it I will donate, 65 and very very little grey ones in there.

a couple of times back I grew my moustacheas long as my head hair , LOL i looked like I had a set of walrus tusks , the moustache was 6 inches off my chin ,I looked like a geriatric biker

M2roadwarrior likes this.
  11. MarkieMark

MarkieMark Tele-Afflicted

Two times:

When it gets annoying and uncomfortable to drive because you keep sitting on the end of your pony tail... its too long.

When its long, but you look in the mirror and cant see a bit of it... Its too long.

Bonus third that happens later in life:
    If you can see any... its too long. :eek:

12. braveheart

braveheart Tele-Afflicted

ask the mirror

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.