How do you cope with mail order wait times?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by telepunx, Apr 10, 2016.

1. telepunx

telepunx Tele-Meister

Am I the only one who SUFFERS waiting for my gear to come? Right now I'm waiting on a Vox ac10 and a soul food... And I'm diseased with anticipation, checking the tracking five times a day.... How do y'all cope

2. Ironwolf

Ironwolf Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

Patience, Grasshopper.

1293 likes this.
  3. sergiomajluf

sergiomajluf Tele-Meister

Ive been buying a lot from aliexpress lately; electronic components, simple toys and kitchen gadgets. Mostly cheap stuff where brand quality is not needed.

The issue is that it takes between three to five weeks from China.

How do I cope with the wait? Unfortunately with more online orders.

Def not money wise but it keeps the mailman coming with weekly packages on a rolling basis

4. Tele1966

Tele1966 Friend of Leo's

Heavy drinking used to be the key, but I've quit drinking. Rats! :( :)

OP, I'm with you in spirit as I'm currently waiting for a pedal.

61fury likes this.
  5. MDMachiavelli

MDMachiavelli Tele-Afflicted

Amazon Prime.

E5RSY likes this.
  6. 6942

6942 Poster Extraordinaire

4 WEEKS wait time for EDCOR transformers.....oh the agony!!

Steve

7. DesmoDog

DesmoDog Tele-Afflicted

I think back to when I was young. It seemed EVERYTHING was a six to eight week wait. And you had to mail the order in with a check or money order. International orders? Forget it.

Contrast that to sitting on the couch at 1am and simply by typing, placing an order at a shop half way around the world and then having it show up on my desk 7 days later.

So basically what I'm saying is the wait doens't bother me. Dont' get me wrong, I check tracking along the way too, but usually it's with some amazement at how fast thigns happen these days.

Geez, I sound old...

sjruvolo, Jhengsman and Mjark like this.
  8. Deeve

Deeve Friend of Leo's

Remember Steve Goodman's
    Late night tv gadget ad song:
    Vegematic?

Peace - Deeve
    ( from 6 Flags...)

9. Telenator

Telenator Doctor of Teleocity Vendor Member

You people kill me!
    There was a time when the music stores had to order everything from the manufacturers and when your order arrived, that's what you played. You took it, accepted it, dealt with it, didn't com plain about it, and made great music with it. No sniveling.

Sometimes I wonder if things really are that much better now! :)

10. lammie200

lammie200 Tele-Afflicted

I ordered a guitar late November. Just received the Fed Ex tracking info last Monday saying it would delivered on Saturday. About 12 hours before the scheduled delivery, I can see that it will be delayed two more days until tomorrow. Wife and kids still don't know that I ordered another guitar, so a least I spared them the misery:)

11. Octave Doctor

Octave Doctor Tele-Afflicted

Most of the time, my orders from amazon get here ahead of schedule, even with standard shipping. I'll check the tracking just to be amazed at how fast things go now. The only time I didn't get something on time was when I ordered my first mandolin, it was supposed to be delivered before Christmas 2011, but it ended up sitting in the truck all weekend and I didn't get until the next week.

12. BorderRadio

BorderRadio Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

I waited almost 4 months for my Classic '50s Lacquer, it was tough. Apparently lacquer takes a long time to dry and buff out *whatever*. I just played my other stuff and bought a bunch of parts while I waited.

13. PaulieBoy

PaulieBoy Former Member

The trick is to order something new every day. After a few days you're all set. :)

lammie200 likes this.
  14. johnjbush5

johnjbush5 TDPRI Member

I usually kept busy, trying to find a way to tell wife why I needed, and bought it. Needless to say, now I'm divorced.

Tele1966 likes this.
  15. jefrs

jefrs Doctor of Teleocity

Move to the UK. If Amazon gets any quicker, they'll be delivering stuff before I've ordered it. I think their record was 4 hour plus they deliver weekends and late into the evening.

From Japan is usually only a few days as are France, Spain and Germany. From India about a week. From China 4-6 weeks. From USA, forget it, plus the shipping charges are ridiculous.

16. HotDan!

HotDan! Friend of Leo's

First, Know your items anticipated ship date. You won't have to fuss over that since you will know when it ships...No worries there. Then, choose your method of shipping. Most folks will accommodate you in that regard. FedEx overnight is best, not that expensive and you will have your item the next day...You can bet a hat on it. USPS is next best but their tracking system is dubious at best so even though you may live in California and their tracking says your package is in Florida, that usually means it will be delivered tomorrow. The folks with the big brown truck are unreliable. tracking sucks (worse than dubious) and it'll take 8 to ten days for delivery. I get it all and I've been on your end as well...

17. hwy145

hwy145 Tele-Afflicted

I'm awaiting a Danocaster, and I'm two months into a 6 month wait. A couple days is a walk in the park...

18. fuffydingo

fuffydingo Former Member

I bought a guitar on pre order back in early December, and finally tomorrow is NGD!! In the mean time I've built a mahogany tele, a couple of pedals, modded one of my amps and rearranged my work bench. Oh yeah I also learned a couple of new songs and cleaned and played all my guitars, all 26 of them.:D

19. Jhengsman

Jhengsman Tele-Holic

There is an advantage of being old enough to remember not being able to track the progression of a package and not needing to understand a spoke and hub logistics system

20. Zachevans3

Zachevans3 Tele-Meister

One time I waited 8 months for a banjo, it was miserable but I just practiced a lot and read to kill time. I didn't have a child then, now a days I hang out with her and time flies by

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.