How do you beat a ding-dong ditcher?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by TheGoodTexan, Apr 27, 2013.

1. TheGoodTexan

TheGoodTexan Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Well... I'm fully expecting that due to my own actions yesterday, my ding-dong ditchers will probably return this afternoon.

I have borrowed a paintball gun from a friend.

The way the back yard is situated, I can sit on my back porch and most likely see these guys coming up through the woods. It's supposed to be a nice outside this afternoon, so it will be a good day to sit outside anyway. I've got a book I need to read, so it will be relaxing. The neighbors behind us have a dog and an underground wire/fence for him, so he has rule of almost their entire yard, and they border up to the woodline. I noticed yesterday that this dog was paying attention to the whole thing, and watched the kids as they retreated back into the woods, after Ding-Dong Ditch #2. So he should be alerted to them, if they come back today. If I'm on the back porch and and I see this neighbor dog come to attention... I'll know that the kids might be coming back.

And yes, I know that a paint-ball to the eye/face/head could cause injuries. Therefore I'll aim a little lower. A paint ball to the center of the back hurts... but causes no serious injuries.

It would be funny to come around the house while they're actually standing on my front porch, and pop'em a couple of times.

2. Ironwolf

Ironwolf Doctor of Teleocity Gold Supporter

I dunno man... while I personally love the idea and find it just, it might well be considered assault in the eyes of the law and sue happy parental units.

3. pchilson

pchilson Friend of Leo's

If shooting whilst they are running away there is a natural "bullseye" we all acquired at birth...
    Personally, I wouldn't do anything like that. You could end up the worse for it.

I would thank them for reminding you what it means to be a kid again. Have fun with it, quit being a bugger.

4. TheGoodTexan

TheGoodTexan Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

With that in mind,

Here's a detailed map to help you get a feel for the situation, and my plan of attack.

[​IMG]

5. getbent

getbent Telefied Silver Supporter

I like the harbor freight thing... then you could sprint to the door and your houseplants won't get wet.

6. Alamo

Alamo Doctor of Teleocity

Install! :lol:

Attached Files:

• fs-2.jpg
      fs-2.jpg
      File size:
      22.3 KB
      Views:
  7. SacDAve

SacDAve Poster Extraordinaire

I had a neighbor come to our house in a rage because he was getting doorbell ditched, and yeah it was my son and his friend. Then a couple days later he came over again but I knew I couldn't be my son this time (not that he wouldn't do it again) Then he went to my sons friends and told the mother he was going to kick her sons ass, that didn't go to well. The third he came he came over I basically told him what he could do. Being the old neighbor hood ass doesn't always work out to well. Doorbell ditching is part of kids evolution. But when my daughter hit high school it was the deciding factor to cut both trees out of the front yard.

8. xMercury69x

xMercury69x Friend of Leo's

Why on Earth do people still do stupid stuff like this? Jeez...

9. surfoverb

surfoverb Doctor of Teleocity

change the doorbell ringer to one of those old timey car horns.

10. Lowbassnotes

Lowbassnotes Friend of Leo's

Change the doorbell ringer to a truck airhorn.

11. Frodebro

Frodebro Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

I think the paintball gun is a bad idea, that's opening yourself up for legal trouble.

12. RCinMempho

RCinMempho Friend of Leo's

How about a simple sign. Small and right over the doorbell. Small enough that they can't read it until they get there to push it.

"How do you like my new camera?"

You don't need a camera. Just a sign.

13. flathd

flathd Poster Extraordinaire

Code:

That, or guess who's house/yard is getting TP'd next?

14. 4string

4string Friend of Leo's

I think your door bell ditchers are pretty tame. I would just ignore them. I always look through the peep sight to see who's at the door before I open it anyway; makes it easy to just ignore the religion converters/salesmen/school fundraisers etc. No one there? No problem.

I have a worse problem. Some of the school kids like to throw rocks over my side fence (I live on a corner) into the pool they know is there. I would really like to catch the little varmit(s) and turn him/her over to the police. Knowing the general attitude of most of my neighbors (who for the most part are all much younger than my wife and I) doing that would turn into a retribution feud. The self-entitlement of the younger generation and the complete lack of manners astounds me. When I was a kid, we did pranks on the grumpy old people, but when we got caught, our parents made sure we no longer bothered our neighbors complete with being marched over for a good humbling/public apology etc.

Several years ago I asked one of my neighbors kids to please skateboard in front of his own house. The little demon was using the driveway ramp as a launch pad onto my lawn. The result was a big torn-up area of grass that was becoming half dirt. The little (expletive) first ran a string of foul language I didn't know until I was twice his age, and then must have run straight home and lied to his mommy about what I had said. Next thing I know the parents are ringing my doorbell and reading me the riot act about what I had supposedly said to the lying little sack of future convict. I told them exactly word-for-word what I had actually said, and pointed-out the lawn damage.

Wouldn't you know it that it the parents believed their little can-do-no-wrong angel's lies over me? And then the father threatened me... I told him to bring it on after stepping-out and immediately getting in his face. Instant wuss. Yeah, I didn't think so.

Society as a whole is doomed. Manners no longer exist. We are being replaced with the "It's all about me" generation. Kids are now taught to disrespect their elders.

15. SacDAve

SacDAve Poster Extraordinaire

"It's all about me" generation. That is becoming the norm for every age group.

16. stnmtthw

stnmtthw Friend of Leo's

Because kids are stupid. Its the defining characteristic of being a kid. I was stupid, you were stupid, we were all stupid.

17. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

GT, I think you are formulating your plan based on one erroneous assessment of the situation. While all the boys involved are most likely teenagers, I hate to break this to you, you're not. Most people are somewhere just short of totally insane where it comes to their offspring somehow believing with all their heart that their offspring, working with their genes (not skinny genes) passed on to their children (they will always be children to them even if they are 35 years old) will somehow be able to accomplish everything in life they haven't.

If you should accidentally harm one of the feathers protruding from their butts, I'm thinking you're gonna bight off way more than you wish to comfortably chew. Might be a good thing if you live in a small municipality, if you just identify the hoodlums, and report them to the your constable or whatever, and have him/her talk to the parents. You're already pegged as an A Hole so it won't do your standing any harm in the community.

18. surfoverb

surfoverb Doctor of Teleocity

finally this turned into old man yelling at clouds thread :lol: . ring and run is nothing new, im sure there were ancient roman hooligans knocking on peoples doors and running. Just like in rome people carved penis grafitti on the walls that are still there today. kids have always been a PITA.

19. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

I should clarify, that I'm not calling you an "A Hole" GT, I'm just surmising from your report on the events going on near and around your home that the kids get together and say. Hey lets all go down there and ring that "A Hole's" door bell again, he's ALWAYS good for a laugh! Uh, that may not make you feel a whole lot better.:eek:.....................................:D

20. pchilson

pchilson Friend of Leo's

Uh, yeah. Lets get the 40 something lardass to wallow around in the bush in his bare feet again... nah, no kid would think like that...

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.