How do I learn from mistake-or ?

telemnemonics

Telefied
Ad Free Member
Usually if a post gets deleted you get a note in your alerts box that says it’s political and that you should read the rules and/or know better. Just move on.
If someone, somewhere could draw 3 steps to it being remotely considered political in any way it gets deleted.
Now you may not agree but it’s way better than letting the site degrade into a fight club.
So just let it go.
Reported for talking about fight club!

tomasz

Tele-Holic
If your post isn't about guitar and music, which is really the point of this forum, read it a couple of times before you hit "post reply" and think about what you're posting and how other people might take it. It aint rocket science. I usually know when I've crossed the line.

Sometimes though - I got my account suspended over on TalkBass and when I protested, they eventually figured out that they had suspended me in error.

That gives me the idea to attach a tele pic to every message I post :D

Whats your handle over on Talkbass? :)

teletail

Friend of Leo's
That gives me the idea to attach a tele pic to every message I post :D

Whats your handle over on Talkbass? :)
I'm lfmn16 on Talkbass. I went many years with no issues then I think I rubbed one of the moderators the wrong way because I got a string of warnings and suspensions. Then I got a really snotty note from one of them and had the audacity to suggest that rule about respect for fellow forum members should apply to moderators too. Since then I've spent as much time suspended as I have not suspended.

Last edited:

tomasz

Tele-Holic
I'm lfmn16 on Talkbass. I went many years with no issues then I think I rubbed one of the moderators the wrong way because I got a string of warnings and suspensions. Then I got a really snotty note from one of them and had the audacity to suggest that rule about respect for fellow forum members should apply to moderators too. Since then I've spent as much time suspended as I have not suspended.
Sorry to hear that.. and totally with you on that, rules should be applied fairly. Otherwise, it's a great community. My handle is b3e over there.

I'll attach a tele to this post, not to get the mods on the nerve ;)

1952 Fender Telecaster + OSSC:
1952-fender-telecaster-6-3.jpeg

TwoBear

Friend of Leo's
Better to have a little over enthusiastic moderation than to end up with a Petri dish of whack jobs like Facebook, IMO.

Sex, politics, and religion are not considered polite conversation for very good reasons.
I definitely hear you…Personally I find politics pretty un-sexy, well maybe had a small man crush on Henry Kissinger but come on Va Va Voom! Haha I just did my own spit take!

I’m definitely smart enough to know never bring up religion, Although there’s a movie on YouTube right now “the lady in red”, and Kelly Lebrock is/was definitely an angel. Kissinger is canceled and I reserve the right to bring that Va Va Voom down here, and add another Va!

Manual Slim

Friend of Leo's
Well 2020/ 2021 certainly changed the membership here, and along with that the character shifted a bit too.
Six months?
I don't recall any big shift in that time frame but it seems like a year or so ago we had regular events where a new member would post a question thread then argue with every single response.
Numerous times this happened with new members who simply could not agree with any of us and wanted to fight about the smallest thing.
Remember the one about black guitars being the only guitars capable of making complex music or some such insistent belief?
How about that long discussion where the OP insisted you can't play Rock on a Tele?

Then those OP's stopped posting at all?
Gosh, where did they go?
I'm kinda glad when Mr Combat gets it explained over and over but cannot comply so they get banned.
With no mods, some of us might easily turn into Mr Combat, right?
Then certain folks cannot be moderated into peaceful discussion.

I'm cool with a few deleted posts to prevent this place being a war zone.
I kinda liked that combative bit he was running with but I can definitely see how it could get to people. I try to remember that the trolls aren't funny to everyone.

TwoBear

Friend of Leo's
I’m surprised they haven’t found a reason to make maple vs rosewood political.
I seem to remember a few years back Gibson being in trouble over rosewood and the politics of what was construed as raw or pre-worked wood, And how, I think it was fret slots….. maybe it’s just easier for me to say I think there can be a heck of a lot of politics with wood and leave it at that.

TwoBear

Friend of Leo's
I kinda liked that combative bit he was running with but I can definitely see how it could get to people. I try to remember that the trolls aren't funny to everyone.
Yes but whenever we need a laugh Jeanette and I go back to South Park and Gerald B. on the keyboards, with the band Boston in the background. I’ll see if I can get a snippet… well I didn’t remember it was that possibly inflammatory. It’s at YouTube under “skankhunt 42 trolling”…When he’s at both computer keyboards like he was on stage with an ARP & B3, we lose it every time!

aging_rocker

Friend of Leo's
Overall, I'm more than happy with the moderation here, and generally glad of it.

Usually if a post gets deleted you get a note in your alerts box that says it’s political and that you should read the rules and/or know better. Just move on.
If someone, somewhere could draw 3 steps to it being remotely considered political in any way it gets deleted.
Now you may not agree but it’s way better than letting the site degrade into a fight club.
So just let it go.

Yeah, I've had a few of those, some of which made me scratch my head (non-US members like myself often seem to inadvertently fall into that trap??)

Also had a few post canned because of profanities, or rather for forgetting to use the ** symbols creatively enough. It's a fair cop, guvnor. 🧐

But I don't lose any sleep over any of it.

I also miss Blowtorch, cantankerous git that he can be 😇

telemnemonics

Telefied
Ad Free Member
Both I mentioned had interesting facets and I did like the black guitars guy with his ever shifting quicksand of rationalization and justification for bizarre claims that were code for making sense. Interesting character in other ways.
Interestingly combative is better than simplistic combative but both get tiresome.
There have been a few that made it really unpleasant to try to have an enjoyable hour reading and commenting with the world of enthusiasts.