1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

How do I give my SX more sustain?

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by robb3566, Jul 23, 2010.

1. robb3566

robb3566 Tele-Afflicted

I have an SX Strat copy that I have been working on...new tuners, nut, electronics, pickguard, etc. It's turned out to be a decent sounding guitar. I just wonder...what's the best way to improve sustain, especially on the higher notes?

Would a new trem block or bridge improve things? If so, what kind should I try? Brass? Steel? Preferably not too expensive; I only have about $225 invested in this thing.

[​IMG]

2. benbo

benbo Tele-Afflicted

A trem block is a start, also try lowering the pickups some, I noticed in the pic the neck pickup is pretty high. Not sure what magnets they have but the pull on the strings is the biggest sustain killer. Other mods could be Good saddles etc... Good setup etc..

3. SatelliteOrders

SatelliteOrders Friend of Leo's

A FatFinger on the headstock should help. Or a compressor in the signal chain.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.