1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

how did...Billy Bob...

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by thumbpick, Feb 21, 2013.

1. Colo Springs E

Colo Springs E Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Getbent's moderator attitude kicks butt :D

2. homesick345

homesick345 Poster Extraordinaire

yeah - literally! :p

3. Lerb21

Lerb21 Friend of Leo's

I purchased the Boxmasters' first album the day it came out and have listened to it ever since and loved.

BBT can say whatever he wants, and folks can say whatever they want about them, because I don't care about anyone's opinions. That band has made music that I love to listen to and shall continue to listen to. "Modbilly" 60's music with a great sense of humor.

+1

4. porgy

porgy Tele-Meister

I like my Biscuits with mustard!

5. homesick345

homesick345 Poster Extraordinaire

Here's another copy of my post... Read it before starting "kicking butts"...

"OK, something I noticed is, at the beginning of the interview, the host was really hitting on the prolific output of that "band". I mean really going at it - I think this is the true reason why BBT got so pissed - & not any other thing. The host was sidetracking ANY musical talk, to focus on how ridiculously prolific that band was. ...It's not that nice either..."

1. Nobody noticed that to start with...or the real reasons why BBT got so pissed - I think I may have unveiled the real reasons of this mystery - meaning: BBT was not a gratuitous jerk; it was Jian Ghomeshi the jerk. Because he started the interview on such a foul design, hitting on what he sees as "bizarre" prolofic CD outputs. I would have been pissed equally. Had he been a normal & nice MUSIC interviewer, I am sure that anytime during the interview, had he brought BBT career, Billy Bob would have talked about it without any problem.

2. Of course, all what GetBent & friends read from my post, was my reaction to BBT canadian comments (we are mashed potatoes with no gravy). The issue here being - obviously, that we ought to shut up, since canadians are a nation, & not a race. BBT made a mistake but amended for it. I put that in my post as well

3. Psychology & reading skills. It's not given to everybody

6. tele salivas

tele salivas Poster Extraordinaire

Exactamundo. It's unnerving initially, then you just come to expect it. I think Billy Bob Thornton is a fine artist. Even if somebody makes just one good movie, writes, acts, & directs it:eek: ,isn't that enough to establish artistic merit? And BB Thornton made an amazing move, which arguably has some of f J.T. Walsh's, John Ritter's and Dwight Yoakam's most arresting performances. That means he is a fine director. BB Thornton used to play drums in a host of bands before coming to Hollywood. How many here have tried a career change? Or maybe you worked the same job for the last 40 years?
    We ***** about celebrity, the rotten game,then somebody doesn't play nice, challenges the notion,the b.s. that goes on behind what is edited and spoon fed, then we ***** on them. "No one ever went broke underestimating the taste of the American public." ... Mencken.

7. porgy

porgy Tele-Meister

Gonna take me a while to get use to this Modbilly! I think I'd rather eat Biscuits without mustard!

8. thumbpick

thumbpick Tele-Afflicted

lerb21..thanks....kinda cornball..but i like it

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.