How could I wire my tele pickups to series with a push pull?

FingerMyFrets

TDPRI Member
Hello everybody,

Can't seem to find a schematic that shows how to wire a standard tele into series with a push pull. I'd preferably like to keep it a 3 way with the one push pull but I'm open to other options if need be. Thanks.

TokyoPortrait

Friend of Leo's
Hi.

Here you go. Near the bottom for the push / pull switch. And, if you want to use a DPDT mini toggle instead, it’s wired exactly the same way.

Edit: I prefer this way, as the push / pull or mini toggle overides the three-way switch, so it’s easy to move in and out regardless of the selector’s position.

Pax/
Dean

Last edited:

JL_LI

Poster Extraordinaire
I have an S1 switch on my avatar Telecaster. I prefer it in use to a four way switch but there's a caveat. My Guitar started out as a MIM Nashville. The control cavity was deep enough but there wasn't a continuous route between the switch and pot cavities. I had to use a combination of a Dremel and wood chisel to remove the material separating the cavities. It's not as neat as would be possible with a router but without the tool or the skill to use it, my more primitive tools worked. One other thing to be careful of is the S1 switch itself. Get a new one. It's very difficult to solder to pads that have been desoldered. The lugs are easy, but the pads on the bottom of the switch are not. You'll do best with a 40 watt soldering iron and a pencil tip. The pads are tiny. Wire the switch using the wiring diagram for an American Elite Telecaster.