How can I like this!

3 Chord

Friend of Leo's
Let's get a few things straight. I like vintage frets, I do not like Asian guitars, I like vintage bridges, I hate worn (fake relic) finishes, I like 7 1/4 radius boards.
But I traded for an ESP ltd te202 tele sort of thing and I really like it. It is exactly the opposite to everything I love about teles. I give up, I don't know what I like anymore but I do know I like this ESP cheapie.
I'm so confused!

Skub

Poster Extraordinaire
At times we can get hung up on specifics and we get it into our head that only certain types of neck or fretwire or whatever will work. It's perhaps a modern malaise, because if you are an old fart like myself, then there was no internet to tell us about such things,so we just grabbed a guitar and played it until we were used to it. It's healthy to have our preconceptions challenged occasionally.

JimiRayKing

Tele-Meister
Ad Free Member
Over time, I think we develop preferences based on prejudices and beliefs in what we WANT to like/dislike that aren't necessarily based on musical logic. Lately, I've been forcing myself to play guitars that I would never consider owning based on my rights/wrongs, using only two criteria to judge them - does it feel good and does it inspire me - with no regard for where they're made, the quality of the components (obviously, there is a minimum standard here), etc. This exercise has opened me up to all sorts of possibilities. Sounds like your guitar has inspired you, which is always a great thing!