1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

How are y'all liking the Vinteras

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by swervinbob, Aug 16, 2020.

1. swervinbob

swervinbob Tele-Afflicted

Tele shopping again. May wait until an American Pro fits my budget. But I keep looking at these. Just wondering how people are liking them.

2. Martocaster

Martocaster TDPRI Member

I'm surprised there's been no talk on here about the new Vintera roadworns coming in September, they look really interesting to me.

swervinbob likes this.
  3. Fendereedo

Fendereedo Poster Extraordinaire

Really love my 60s, and 70s. I also have a Jazzmaster too. Great guitars.

RhythmFender and swervinbob like this.
  4. Fendereedo

Fendereedo Poster Extraordinaire

I'm not super in love with any of the colours on the new road worn range.

5. Veitchy

Veitchy Tele-Afflicted

I don't know how much stock you put in magazine reviews, but Guitar thought the Vintera Tele was one of the best pieces of gear they reviewed last year.

6. swervinbob

swervinbob Tele-Afflicted

Yeah, I've been looking at the regular 50s. I like the pickups on the 50s modified, but im not big on the controls. I just like a 3 way switch.

RadioFM74 and RhythmFender like this.
  7. Itgoesto11

Itgoesto11 Tele-Meister

Absolutely love my Vintera 50s standard tele. Just ordered a 4 way switch to squeeze a bit more variety out of it, but as it stands, flawless craftsmanship, great stock pickups, beefy neck. I’m happy with the purchase.
    280A54F0-FDBE-479B-9620-E8A629E80B8C.jpeg

hockey guy, danwh72, Iago and 12 others like this.
  8. Veitchy

Veitchy Tele-Afflicted

9. Sax-son

Sax-son Tele-Holic

They have all the essential elements of a good telecaster. What is not to like about them? Because they are made in Mexico? That wouldn't deter me.

hockey guy and swervinbob like this.
  10. Digiplay

Digiplay Tele-Afflicted

Get ready for...........................................................................

Fake, poser, unrealistic, not earned, not honest, cheating!!!! :) :) :)

Martocaster, Jakedog and swervinbob like this.
  11. Digiplay

Digiplay Tele-Afflicted

I have a LPB 60s Telecaster Modified, and a Mystic Seafoam American Professional.

Without a doubt the Vintera is a great guitar, but there is something about the American Professional that's hard to describe that makes it seem better/higher quality (finish, hardware, the color/grain of the neck/headstock?).

FWIW, I'm selling the Vintera, and if you can wait until the Pro meets your budget, I don't believe you'll be disappointed.

swervinbob likes this.
  12. telemaster03

telemaster03 Tele-Meister

I bought a used Vintera 50's in Sonic Blue a month or so ago, I really like it. I'll probably swap out the pickups eventually but even stock it's pretty good.

swervinbob likes this.
  13. Itgoesto11

Itgoesto11 Tele-Meister

Thanks. My wife HATES it. She calls it my tomato guitar. Too bad, that Tele’s a keeper!

swervinbob and 57fenderstrat like this.
  14. RhythmFender

RhythmFender Tele-Meister

0BAAB1EE-8EEE-4C56-B90D-6ED9943D11BF.jpeg I Love my 50’s Vintera. Great neck, great pickups. It’s my first tele and it’s a beautiful keeper.

15. Willy-son

Willy-son Tele-Meister

Being a rosewood neck player, I'll pass on Pau Ferro. They look and feel strange.

Jackroadkill likes this.
  16. RadioFM74

RadioFM74 Friend of Leo's

I would have bought a Vintera 50s were it not for the fact that that base – 50s tele – is covered by my beloved 2011 AVRI 52. But when I tried one in the shop, I thought that it ws remarkably close: loved the neck, loved the tones, loved the looks… Its the tele I’d recommend to anyone in that price bracket.

But don’t let the electronics determine your choice. If prefer the Vintera Mod 50s for “structural” reasons (neck, radius, frets, finish, or even pickups) just get one (or a Baja 50s… SAME guitar) and get a simple 3-way installed. It’s a tiny expense, and you may have the guitar of your dreams. It’s just what I did with my Baja 60s (which I eventually sold because I wanted a 7’25’’ board with small frets… but that’s another story).

Eh, every time I see a picture of one – in red – I tell myself “why not a third tele”… Great choice!!! ;D

17. Matthias

Matthias Friend of Leo's Gold Supporter

They got the aged colours spot on with this range, didn't they? The ambering isn't too saturated.

18. MAXXFIELD

MAXXFIELD Tele-Meister

When I taught at Guitar Center before the world ended these are the line that got me into Tele's. It's also where I discovered with the 50's (not modified version) that I love baseball bat necks.

Just wish they'd make a thinline with single coils and baseball bat neck. I'd buy that.

boris bubbanov likes this.
  19. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

Welcome, Max!

Yeah, I think this interruption in guitar commerce as we used to enjoy it, has got to be making it hard for FMIC to know if they've done anything wrong. Some folks would probably buy anything close to this, they could get their hands on right now and others, won't buy anything until someone turns the calendar back to 2014.

So, this is frustrating but hopefully if a guy has one and likes it, he'll loan it to this close friend and that one - and then they can order one and see what happens.

MAXXFIELD likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.