How am I gonna get this to fit? (Case Content)

Discussion in 'B-Bender Forum' started by 8painting, Dec 25, 2009.

1. 8painting

8painting TDPRI Member

I just got a hipshot b-bender for my 50's esquire RI, and it wont fit in the case because of the new tailpiece. Do I have to get a universal case, or a gig bag now?

Any advice?

Also, are there any of you who don't use the teflon tubes and get along just fine?

Thanks!

2. J. Hayes

J. Hayes Friend of Leo's

It should be able to fit into just about any.....

Fender style case. Sometimes with a HipShot you might have to open the case and trim a little of the padding inside to make it clear where the B bender lever sticks out the back. Most of those cases are just styrofoam inside covered with cloth so just peel back or put a split in the cloth and dig out the styrofoam until it fits.

As far as the teflon tubes, I've used HipShots since the early eighties and have never used those or the hold down springs. I think they're not needed. I like to have the string path totally free from the unit to the bridge piece. That way you can bend the string and then push down on it behind the bridge for an additional half tone raise. I just shim my neck a little and it works fine. then I cut a slit into the tailpiece surround so the string doesn't go through a hole and it "floats" free.........JH in Va.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.