1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

How about this for a Tele?

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by Red Planet, Apr 15, 2007.

1. Red Planet

Red Planet Tele-Meister

Mini Humbucker in the Bridge. One would have to have a Custom Bridge Made but I wonder what that would sound like. I allways liked the Twangyness of Mini Buckers and think one would sound good in the Bridge of a Tele.

Any thoughts?

2. JohnnyCrash

JohnnyCrash Doctor of Teleocity

A hardtail Strat bridge on a Tele slab with a P-90 pickup route would do the trick.

That'd be real cool in my book.

I'd love to have the time (and dough) to build two more Esquires... one with a P-90 and one with an AlNiCo mini-humbucker.

If you do it, you've gotta post photos!

3. Steeltoe

Steeltoe TDPRI Member

Tom Anderson has done that, I believe.

4. Pete Galati

Pete Galati R.I.P.

I started looking into using two mini humbuckers in a Tele, but never followed through because Gibson and Duncan Antiquity mini humbuckers (I was only looking at the style used in Les Paul Deluxes) have 1-15/16" polepiece spacing. That doesn't seem to be an issue with fullsize humbuckers though, but the polepiece screws look bigger on those. Still don't know if it's really a problem though. It was just something that stopped me.

You probably have to pay attention to string spacing with Strat bridges, because sometimes it's wider than on a Tele. I chose the Hipshot Hardtail Strat bridge for the Tele I'm putting together next because it's spacing is 2-1/16". I have some tremolo Strat bridges that're about 2-3/16"

Pete

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.