Hot Rod Deluxe IV channel switching popping sound

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by Lounge_Fly, Jan 22, 2020.

1. Lounge_Fly

Lounge_Fly NEW MEMBER!

Hi, over the last month, my son got his first Fender, a Performer Strat. I got the Ultra Tele and a Hot Rod Deluxe. I'm not really sure why I got the Hot Rod since I'm not currently playing in a band and this thing is sooo loud. I threw together some parts and made a volume box to help with the volume being so sensitive. Anyway, I'm really enjoying all the Fender after so many years of metal guitars!

Anyway, I've went a lot over what I should be spending so getting a more expensive amp isn't something I think I want to do but I am thinking about a used Twin or maybe the Tonemaster??

That said, I already had to exchange my first one because the bright switch didn't work. Now, the next one has a popping electrical sound when switching from the drive channel to clean. Clean to drive doesn't make any noise. I also have to be playing or have a note ringing. This doesn't bother me too much since I'm not playing live. I really hate the thought of going back to Guitar Center and going through the long process of exchanging another.

It also doesn't make much noise, if any, when I'm using the Tele, just a humbucker guitar does it.

Thanks for any help.

2. reckless toboggan

reckless toboggan Tele-Holic

Take it back.

The first HRDiv I bought was loud at idle and had a really loud pop when channel switching.

I took it back to the store and tried a couple if different HRDiv's... one of them was super quiet at idle and had no popping and sounded great. So I took that one home.

The HRDiv's are really capable amps, but quality can be hit or miss.

3. Lounge_Fly

Lounge_Fly NEW MEMBER!

I'll take it back. Thanks for the quick reply.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2020
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.