1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Horses for courses & speakers swapping

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by CV Jee Beez, Oct 3, 2020.

1. CV Jee Beez

CV Jee Beez Tele-Holic

I'm in the honeymoon phase with my Victoria Double Deluxe. It has an original 50's Jensen P12Q and a modern ceramic Jensen C12N.

I love the sound but, I have a few premium speakers so I subbed out the C12N with a Celestion Ruby Alnico first and then a UK Greenback.

The greenback for me was the better fit of the Celestions. The Ruby was LOUD and a little stiff if you will.

The greenback was mellower but, I was eager to put the C12N back.

I've been on AC30 style trip for a couple of years and never considered anything besides British style speakers.

Horses for courses. I'm pleased with the Jensens and would assume American voiced speakers like Weber and Eminence would also do well in my Victoria. Happy with what I got and will leave well enough alone.

This wasn't the case in the recent past.

BobbyZ likes this.
  2. homesick345

homesick345 Poster Extraordinaire

Put both the jensens back; & leave good enough alone. You will go down a deep rabbit hole to discover it was perfect to begin with. Buy an AC15 on the side.

CV Jee Beez and BobbyZ like this.
  3. kookaburra

kookaburra Tele-Afflicted

I generally prefer Brit style speakers even with most Fender circuits, so I don't have to spend too much money "getting there" with a speaker swap.

What's fun about your situation is having the speakers around already. Nothing to lose by experimenting!

CV Jee Beez likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.