Horror: "can you play something for us"

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by braveheart, Jan 17, 2020.

1. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

Dany right buddy, when a woman asks for a mop, you know it's a serious request.

Frodebro likes this.
  2. getbent

getbent Telefied Silver Supporter

Some of our relatives are very self consciously hip and when we play, a lot of the songs are kind of obscure or weird versions of them (the husband is dutch and they lived in Japan for awhile and they are vaguely anti american and really HATE anything that they would identfiy as bougeois... anyway, other than that, they are super lovely people...) their social circle is largely Dutch immigrants and they often invite them to big family events... what is hilarious is that when we all play, I'm a good sport and play all the stuff they want... and they have super corny songs they love too (Cats in the Cradle! ha!)
    Anyway the dutchies get kind of bored... last time, as a goof I busted out 'Bad Company' and the place came alive, not only did everyone sing every lyric.. and LOUD, but one of the guys started singing Mick Ralphs solo and everyone died laughing...

After that, i kind of just started playing eagles songs and john denver songs and fleetwood mac and they came ALIVE and have a ball...

People usually know all the words to Take it Easy etc.. and I think people like old folk songs and remember them... I took out the banjo once and we did polly wolly doodle and EVERYONE sand and loud... My theory is that when you are a little kid, like in Kindergarten, you still think you are good at stuff... you are a good singer, a fast runner, and you are smart... and that is when you sing Polly Wolly Doodle... as time goes on, you learn that you suck and to shut up... so, when you have a couple of glasses of wine... and you get to sing a song that YOU KNOW you were good on... you are on it!

3. P Thought

P Thought Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

I'm going to have my entire playlist tattooed on my butt, and when I have a request I'll show it to them and tell them to pick a song.

Frodebro likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.