"Honest wear"

msalama

Tele-Afflicted
I played a '62 clownburst Duo-Sonic in a reggae band way, way back when, and if there was any (dis)honest wear on the guitar it was caused by all that ganja smoke rather than my playing the bugger...

Telekarster

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
As you should! "Poly" is not one single thing; there are air-cure polyesters and polyurethanes, there are catalyzed polyesters and polyurethanes, and there are UV-cured polys. All of them vary in their hardness and durability even across brands because the recipes vary. Some polys are quite soft. Exterior-grade polyurethanes are really soft compared to interior-grade versions.

I always get a chuckle when players gripe about whether wear is "honest" or not. Who cares what anyone else thinks? If you want a 'relic' finish, have at it. It's your guitar. You like Antigua? GO for it! If you like glittery sparkles in your guitar's finish, you can get that too. And if Jeremy GuiTardo has butt-hurt over it, he can go pound sand :D

Finish-Wear-Doll.jpg

ROTFLMAO with the South Park meme!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol: Good points on the variations of poly! That explains it ;)

Telekarster

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
Honest wear. From honest usage.

Can make you cry at times - especially when you bought it brand spanking new for a mind numbing price and it gets honest wear.

Untitled by D Y, on Flickr

Man... your dent reminds me of a dent I have on my 56 Gold Top reissue. Brand new and I had the dang thing for 1 week. Was in rehersal when, all of a sudden, a mic decides it would rather be on the floor than in the stand. Oh! And why not hit a brand new 56 GT on the way down eh!?1? ;) LOL!!! Yep... much like your dent, pretty much same place too... oh well. Excrement happens ;)

dreamingtele

Poster Extraordinaire
Man... your dent reminds me of a dent I have on my 56 Gold Top reissue. Brand new and I had the dang thing for 1 week. Was in rehersal when, all of a sudden, a mic decides it would rather be on the floor than in the stand. Oh! And why not hit a brand new 56 GT on the way down eh!?1? ;) LOL!!! Yep... much like your dent, pretty much same place too... oh well. Excrement happens ;)

Right??? Its like the universe has just decided to do a “lets prank dreamingtele’s 330 today” kind of thing.

Do you still have the Lp? Hahaha. I used to be the kind of guy for who would sell the guitar because of this. But, this guitar is my dream and I finally got one through sheer determination and a lot of saving. Hahaha. I used this guitar for 1 year and a half exclusively as I couldnt afford a 2nd guitar and I just built my rig around it instead.

I’ve long since recovered and got a second guitar, but I still break this out from time to time. And it was the first time this year to use it, and bam. Ive got a dent to take home.