Homemade telecaster made in the 70's

Discussion in 'Tele Home Depot' started by LTadrian, Nov 6, 2011.

1. Zenzeypher

Zenzeypher Tele-Afflicted

That's normal..

don't go worrying that every buzz is a problem with your guitar...mine makes a helluva noise.

2. LTadrian

LTadrian TDPRI Member

That sounds like something Im going to end up doing. Sounds like a quick way to fix the problem. I swear that black wire was never connected to the volume pot when i first bought it. It was connected to the pickup switcher. Thats the only thing that is strange about this situation.

3. Colt W. Knight

Colt W. Knight Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

With the volume up high, its probably something loose in the amp.

4. LTadrian

LTadrian TDPRI Member

5. Colt W. Knight

6. LTadrian

LTadrian TDPRI Member

Yeah true. It came with my Squier Strat as a beginner kit. Im looking for a new amp that'll give a warm tone for the tele. Anything good for under $300-400 pushing it? A lot of amps look amazing. I just don't know what good for the money since im still considered a newbie in the buying area.

7. Colt W. Knight

Lots or great amps in the price range, especially used.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/fender-super-champ-xd-guitar-combo-amp/483075000000000

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guit...pro-junior-iii-15w-1x10-tube-guitar-combo-amp

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/fender-mustang-iii-100w-1x12-guitar-combo-amp

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/fender-g-dec-3-thirty-30w-1x10-guitar-combo-amp

Most of the above amps even have smaller counterparts that are from 100-250$ that would all work really well for a beginner.

Used -

Look for Fender Blues Jr. or Hotrod Deluxe.

I like Fender amps, so I am not up on a lot of the other brands.

8. Shepherd

Shepherd Friend of Leo's

"There was a problem though, I heard a small buzzing noise with distortion on. It was after I had the volume at full blast. Could it just be the amp?"

Try it without the od. It's normal on that amp to start buzzing with the od on.

9. crazydave911

crazydave911 Poster Extraordinaire

I also like Fender amps, and couldn't beat the deal on my two Frontman, though they seem to be the "economy Fender amp". My little 25Watt, LINK, has a 10" speaker with a really good reverb and overdrive (I use a footswitch). I really LOVE my 212R, 100 watts of goodness through two 12" speakers :D. These sell at Musician's Friend for 400$ for both :). I used an online coupon and got them both for 375$ shipped :). I sometimes play my Roland mini-cube through the clean channel of the 212, which gives me amp modeling and clean amplification of the same. Sigh..................I really don't practice enough any more :lol:

Dave

10. telemaster1953

telemaster1953 Tele-Holic

the fender super champ xd, vibro champ xd and champion 600 are all great amps for the price

11. joshwertheimer

joshwertheimer TDPRI Member

I don't see a bridge ground in that video, and since the strings were grounded by the original tele bridge/pickup combo that's no longer there, I'm gonna guess that's something that needs to be addressed.

12. LTadrian

LTadrian TDPRI Member

Well I soldered on the black cable to the volume pot. Had my dad help me and well this is what it sounds like on the humbucker pickup. I just made this cover right after I fixed it. (note- tele comes in at about 30s)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XanhfzqDM3U

13. 2after909

2after909 Tele-Holic

wow that thing looks like fun. good deal, man! sort out the grounding issue and you're gonna have fun with that.

14. LTadrian

LTadrian TDPRI Member

I think i would want to try these amps out before I buy. They look so tempting too.

15. cmatthes

cmatthes Tele-Meister

Definitely not a Fender, and I highly doubt the guy who built it worked at Fender, but if you're happy with it, then you got a good deal.

16. garytelecastor

garytelecastor Poster Extraordinaire

Did they have gold hardware like that in the early 70's?

Doesn't really matter. The money you paid for it was a steal under any circumstances.
    Now, a word of advice, DON'T SELL IT!!!!

You will always have an attachment to this guitar and you will want to play it years from now, trust me.

17. Ed Miller

Ed Miller Tele-Meister

Sorry, Fender did not own DeArmond in the 80's. They were offered in 1999-2001?....Hmph. I was a dealer and can't remember now.

CRS sucks!

18. jonal335

jonal335 Tele-Holic

Try for a used Fender Hot Rod Deluxe or Blues Junior, hard to go wrong there...

19. fenderchamp

fenderchamp Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

+1 jonal335 for $3-4hundred.... Buy something used with tubes if you can for classic, vintage tones

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.