I've posted variously about my 5e3, a big shout out to everyone who helped when I was in strife. All seems to work now, the first gig with it is next week. Can't wait. Part of the DIY vibe was building my own cabinet, more or less to the original 5e3 dimensions. I'm a measure once cut twice sort of woodworker, but with considerable assistance from various power tools I got the job done. Covering the cabinet with tweed was beyond me. A clear finish on the new pine planks would have highlighted my wood working skills, so I opted for blackboard paint. This is designed to display whatever lands on it (including chalk), so it has a worn look from day one. I don't mind this. I put an aluminium sheet on the back cover to shield the chassis, an idea copied from my '81 Fender Champ. The pics below show the story. The bug has bitten, I've ordered the parts for a RobRob Champ micro. I will have a use for this, I play on the streets a lot, so a Champ which draws minimal power will be a welcome addition to my setup.