Home made pedals: Let's see 'em.

Discussion in 'Burnt Fingers DIY Effects' started by HoodieMcFoodie, Apr 18, 2009.

1. TxTeleMan

TxTeleMan Tele-Afflicted

It's the GR Storey Swamp Box Tremolo... with Mojo!

[​IMG]

It gets those great bluesy tremolo tones, plus a little bit extra. (the knob is a shorty from a late '70s Music Man guitar... and no, it doesn't get in the way of the switch)

2. Stevil

Stevil Tele-Meister

What kind of trem would that be, out of curiosity? Kay?

3. Newfie_J.

Newfie_J. Tele-Meister

Hey TxTeleMan.
    Your Tremolo pedal looks similar to a kit I am building from Sweden. What does the Mojo knob do? Is it the volume mod? I like where you fit it in. Did you still find room for a battery?

4. Newfie_J.

Newfie_J. Tele-Meister

Also do you have a pic of the inside?
    I am trying to decide where to drill the hole for the level pot but I don't want to put it on the left side and would like to see how the circuit board is situated.
    Or just describe it. Thanks.

5. ibodog

ibodog Banned

Here's a bunch. The DIY ones are Yardbox, SHO, KOT, Red Llama, '69 fuzz, LTD, OCD (long story), Eternity + boost, 2 loop bypass box w/tuner out, Matchbox.

The OCD is DIY guts because I broke my original PCB trying to mod it and Fulltone wouldn't respond to my request for repair. I found someone with a DIY PCB so I got it and built it back into the original case using many of the original parts. It actually sounds better than the original. Maybe it's all the LOVE I put into it. :rolleyes:

Attached Files:

6. 11 Gauge

11 Gauge Doctor of Teleocity

I'd bet it is!

Necessity truly is the mother of invention, isn't it? That's how I got involved in doing this stuff myself. It started with maintenance and repair, and somehow got out of control after that, at some point.:twisted:

BTW - How do you like that Four Banger? Martin is one heck of a pedalmeister, isn't he?

Nice job on all of your pedals. I thought I was the only person nuts enough to consider building an LTD.:eek: Then I got one with a bad switch dumped on me (back to that necessity thing, eh?). Now I'm thinking about modding it to SR spec's.

7. HoodieMcFoodie

HoodieMcFoodie Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Op-Amp Muff Fuzz
    Muff Fuzz 1.jpg Muff Fuzz 2.jpg

I've been wanting to do a furr covered stompbox for a while, so a Muff Fuzz was an obvious choice. :lol:

It's got an RC4558P chip and 1N34A germanium diodes.

(Big thanks to 11 gauge & wnorcott for de-bugging help):D

8. ibodog

ibodog Banned

The Four Banger is really cool, but as you can see it's taking up too much space on the pedal board. Since I can build each of the boosts he included I've sold it and am just building the boosts I liked best. Martin did a Honey Bee inspired drive pedal recently, the Folk Driver, and I did a vero layout for it. It sounds great! The LTD was my standard low gain pedal but I'm using the Folk Driver now.

[​IMG]

Sound clip:
    http://formantfive.net/folk_driver_2n5088_sample.mp3

Forum post:
    http://freestompboxes.org/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=5190

9. tmarks

tmarks TDPRI Member

From left. Delay pedal built from scratch. Chorus pedal built on a tonepad pcb. Red LLama built from scratch but from tonepad layout i think. Boost...the first pedal I built on a perfboard.
    Note...these are the ones that work...I have plenty that don't.

Attached Files:

10. Rybass

Rybass TDPRI Member

Here are my two BYOC's.

Pagey themed MKII:

[​IMG]

Ocean themed trem:

[​IMG]

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.