1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Holy Cow--Three Day Priority Mail

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Collin D Plonker, Mar 8, 2021.

1. Collin D Plonker

Collin D Plonker Tele-Afflicted

Could be the logjam is breaking. I ordered something from Pittsburgh on Saturday, and now, Monday I checked the status. I was expecting it to be just going in the mail today
    I was surprised to find it's at my local post office. That's three days for Priority Mail! I haven't seen that since 1 BC (before Covid).

Any more success stories out there, or do you think it's just a fluke?

Steve Holt likes this.
  2. Steve Holt

Steve Holt Friend of Leo's

I got a package from stewmac (Ohio to Kansas) on Saturday that wasn't supposed to arrive until Monday. And it shipped Wednesday!

3. StevesBoogie

StevesBoogie Tele-Holic Ad Free Member

I have noticed that Amazon shipments have never faltered and even got better over the year.

I have quite painfully noticed that everything else suffered greatly, even just recently, although the Texas winter catastrophe was the main reason for that particular FedEx shipment. But another FedEx shipment in early December was delayed by 3 weeks, LOL.

But good for you, it's always a pleasure when something is received early!

4. stxrus

stxrus Poster Extraordinaire

Ordered some Tervis tumblers from an eBay store. They were late shipping out by 3 days but one they shipped they were here in 3 days
    I was impressed

5. Dan German

Dan German Doctor of Teleocity

Canada Post has had some issues, but generally delivery has been as expected (possible exception: the thing I'm waiting for now). What they have totally lost the ability to do is post accurate tracking. I sent a pedal to Ontario from the West Coast, and the tracking showed it arriving at a distribution centre about half an hour after I got feedback and positive comments on how well I packed it. :D It's been that way for the past year. No correlation between the tracking info and reality. I shouldn't complain--it's better than the alternative.

6. Killing Floor

Killing Floor Tele-Afflicted

I got a package from San Francisco shipped Friday, delivered Monday. But a few weeks a go I got something from the same place and it took 14 days, maybe because of the snow storm.

7. Drew617

Drew617 Tele-Meister Silver Supporter

USPS has been back to normal for me since right after Christmas, to be honest. Had maybe 5 packages lost in transit right around then, some for several weeks, including one that was blackholed for a while at a Pittsburgh PSC. :)

Up to that time though, I didn't notice much impact from Covid. I wonder if the experience has varied by region.

8. Manual Slim

Manual Slim Friend of Leo's

On one hand, I received a Christmas card postmarked December 13 on February 10. On another, I’ve been mailing packages all over the place this whole time and priority has had them there inside three days. Kind of hit-or-miss it seems.

9. Chester P Squier

Chester P Squier Tele-Meister

There was a brief slowdown in deliveries last month, during that micro-ice-age last month. 77% of the country was covered with ice and snow for a few days. It melted and shipping is back or almost back to normal.

We escaped it, here in the southeast.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.