Holy cow! Batman playing a Martin Guitar

Boyd

Tele-Afflicted
OK, not quite Batman, but it's Adam West appearing in the Perry Mason episode "The Case of the Bogus Books" from September 1962. :D Sure looks like a Martin to me (he sounds pretty bad and fakes playing the guitar BTW). Anyone know which model?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0673199/

bm01.jpg

bm02.jpg

Last edited:

Boyd

Tele-Afflicted
In case you wondered, in the first still Adam West says "I've found it! I've found the song for the Mississippi section of my book!" and starts singing "This train is bound for glory".

In the second still, the owner of the shop, who was dozing while listening to Haydn's Surprise Symphony in his office comes out yelling "What do you think this is, some kind of coffee house or beatnik joint?". :D

Boyd

Tele-Afflicted
Getting back to the same Perry Mason episode in the OP, in the final scene Adam West is back in the bookstore, hanging around with his guitar. But he has switched from Martin to Kay. This left me wondering whether it was intentional or just bad continuity? :)

bm03.jpg

bm04.jpg

choupique

Tele-Holic
Getting back to the same Perry Mason episode in the OP, in the final scene Adam West is back in the bookstore, hanging around with his guitar. But he has switched from Martin to Kay. This left me wondering whether it was intentional or just bad continuity? :)

bm03.jpg

bm04.jpg

Gadzooks Boy Wunder, That Della is one hot tomato!!!

Alamo

Doctor of Teleocity
Can anyone identify this guitar? ....and what's the dudes name again? :lol:

Attachments

• the-munsters.jpg
    the-munsters.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 1,342

Murky

Tele-Meister
Herman Munster was Fred Gwynne, who also did Car 54 and a lot of other roles. I remember seeing him as a judge somewhere before TV became painful.

Not sure of the guitar, but it looks a bit like an LG-0.