Hohner Owners

Discussion in 'Guitar Owners Clubs' started by LGOberean, Dec 26, 2011.

1. LGOberean

LGOberean Doctor of Teleocity

Greg, first to address the offer of pictures from the 2005 brochures and guide. I'm interested in that. I also once had a DR550. I've talked about it in this forum before. I gave it to my son a few Christmases ago. His eldest daughter was kind of getting interested in playing, and was even playing my DR550 when they were visiting. My son didn't have an acoustic at the time, so I offered him my DR550 and he accepted.

As for the artwork for the UHG cover page, I'll talk to Beth about that. We're about to get out for our evening walk, so it will be a good time to chat about it. No guarantees, but I'll let y'all know.

2. leftcoastarborist

leftcoastarborist Tele-Meister

Glad to see new activity.
    Hopefully when the efforts to document the MIJ Hohners are posted to this main page we will see some posts from previously active members. I miss all of them.
    I recently purchased what I believe to be a HG-855 made by Terada. It is a copy of the Gibson ES-335. Should have it within a couple days and will post pictures then.

3. Gsweng

Gsweng TDPRI Member

A nice hg-905 on reverb for $599!

4. envirodat

envirodat Tele-Meister

I saw that too. It looks nice. After just buying a guitar, it will be a while before I get another. However, someone has a chance for a nice one.

5. Gsweng

Gsweng TDPRI Member

It was gone about 10 minutes after I posted.

6. envirodat

envirodat Tele-Meister

Lee did you get another guitar?:D

7. leftcoastarborist

Only the HG-855 which has not yet arrived.

8. leftcoastarborist

The Hohner HG-855 arrived today. Other than a badly cracked pickguard and no label with model and serial numbers, it is a beautiful and rare guitar. CA28393D-3BCC-4FD4-8076-A3B84AE8462A.jpeg 6DE6D424-FDF3-4CBB-8E51-F8BC7F00F52B.jpeg 704F80FA-CA99-4D24-9F15-4CBACDCFE4E2.jpeg 7E67A27B-7945-4C45-9072-F35C4A1740AE.jpeg 82F63FE0-7A15-4072-8BC1-8E93C82D86D6.jpeg 81C3A321-8AA5-4C8A-A3BC-0A98AD7BE0CE.jpeg

9. envirodat

envirodat Tele-Meister

That is a gorgeous guitar Lee! I look forward to adding these photos to the Hohner document.

10. PhoenixBill

PhoenixBill Tele-Meister

Any chance the label has just become unglued and is floating around somewhere deep inside that f-hole?

I have had some success with patching the underside of cracked pick guards with JB Weld.

11. Gsweng

Gsweng TDPRI Member

That's sweet Lee. What kind of wood is it made out of?

12. leftcoastarborist

I may try that PhoenixBill. If that does not work I may have one made out of rosewood.

Greg, the 855 is mahogany.

13. LGOberean

I am so far behind on what's been happening in this thread lately. But as much as I'd like to catch up, first I must post about this day. I played a gig today for seniors at a retirement community, but there's more...much more. Today has been a red letter day for our family for a long time.

This day on the calendar first became a significant day for us when Elizebeth, our second grandchild and first granddaughter, was born. That was in 1998, so this date's been circled on the calendar for 23 years. By the way, she has been featured in this thread and elsewhere on TDPRI through the years, in one way or another. When she was ten, I took a picture of her with my first Logan Custom tele. That pic has definitely been shared before, but here it is again...

upload_2021-5-6_20-47-54.png

Elizebeth is also an artist, and her work has been featured here. For much of her life, everywhere she went she had a sketch pad with her. On one Thanksgiving gathering seven plus years ago, she sketched me playing my 1983 MiJ Hohner G-940 acoustic. For years that sketch was the art for my avatar pic here. I just shared about that on the previous page of this long thread, but here it is again...

upload_2021-5-6_20-51-58.png

On her 12th birthday, May 6, 2010, we had a house fire. Many on TDPRI already know that story. Long story short, we made it safely through, even all of my guitars at the time, including my beloved Hohner G-940. Here is a pic of that guitar from before the fire...

upload_2021-5-6_20-55-23.png

And of course, many here also know that after the fire, I saved some of the lumber from the old house and sent it to Bob Logan, and he's made two "Firecasters" for me out of that wood. They're in the avatar pic, but here's a closer look...

upload_2021-5-6_20-56-57.png

Okay, now for today. Whereas Elizebeth is our firstborn's daughter, our second child and only son had a firstborn son, Isaac, in March of 1999. But on this day of May 6th in the year of our Lord 2021, at 22 years of age Isaac became the first of our grandchildren to get married.

Because of the Chinese craziness and because family is divided and spread all over (Texas and elsewhere), they had the wedding on my son's property in East Texas, and we and many others attended virtually, by means of a live feed. In the future there will be a chance for us to get together.

Okay, that's all I got for this day of the year. But it sure is enough. My heart is full.

14. leftcoastarborist

Congratulations Larry, to you and your wife! Big day for your family.

15. Gsweng

Gsweng TDPRI Member

Congrats Larry. I hope you dressed up in your tux on that live feed! Lee, an ebony pickguard would look nice with the headstock and control knobs.

16. leftcoastarborist

Greg, my 805 has rosewood knobs for volume and tone and a rosewood pickguard. I may have a friend that likes wood projects make one for me.

17. leftcoastarborist

To all that are on Hohner owners club:

If you can help with pictures of HG-850, HG-860 and HG-861 guitars, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks

18. LGOberean

Well, it's been more than two weeks since we've had activity here, but I've got something new to post. I've talked before about my wife's artistic abilities, and alluded to a project idea she had for a Hohner application. She created a design based mainly on my G-940 to put on a T-shirt. Here it is...

upload_2021-5-22_21-47-4.png

Gsweng and envirodat like this.
  19. envirodat

envirodat Tele-Meister

Very nice! A great way to show a vintage Hohner guitar logo!

leftcoastarborist and LGOberean like this.
  20. leftcoastarborist

Very nice! If you have some made up I would be a customer.

Perhaps she would make one like the picture I am attaching. 2933CB38-7A84-4D6E-8C44-E7095389256D.jpeg

Gsweng likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.