1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Hobbyist Home Recording: How Many Amp sounds ?

Discussion in 'Modeling Amps, Plugins and Apps' started by ping-ping-clicka, Nov 25, 2020.

1. codamedia

codamedia Poster Extraordinaire

You are in the modelling forum.... is this via modeler, software, or are you here in error and meant to put this in the amp forum?

If you are looking to simplify/narrow down the options from a modeler I'd say your approach is correct. Get rid of option overload and narrow in on just a few. The choices however are very dependent on the styles you play. Another player might choose a Diesel, a 5150 and a REVV ;)

From your list, I would swap the Plexi for a JMP MV Lead (aka JCM800) just as a matter of preference.

ping-ping-clicka likes this.
  2. ping-ping-clicka

ping-ping-clicka Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

THANK YOU AND SMACK MY BOTTOM , i STAND CORRECTED, if you could or would call this standing, which is an unwarranted assumption as I am relaxing on the faux chaise lounge of my fancy or fantasy.
    The Modeler that I have Digitech Preamp /Processor GSP 1101 Which is a modeler well ahead it's time and little mentioned or referred to.
    I discovered this unit through and interview with Dweezil Zappa in a very thorough rig run down of his recreation of his fathers setups through his father's career . THe GSP1101 was part of Dweezils touring rig, they, he has two, were described by him in the interview as doing " those old tube amp sounds very well "

available Marshall amp models:

65 JTM-45 Based on a ‘65 Marshall® JTM-45 68
    SUPER LEAD PLEXI Based on a ‘68 Marshall 100 Watt Super Lead (plexi)
    68 JUMP PANEL Based on a ‘68 Marshall Jump Panel
    77 MASTER VOLUME Based on a ‘77 Marshall Master Volume
    83 JCM800 Based on an ‘83 Marshall JCM800
    93 JCM900 Based on a ‘93 Marshall JCM900
    01 JCM2000 Based on an ‘01 Marshall JCM2000 (Solo Channel),

JMP MV Lead (aka JCM800) just as a matter of preference.
    If you had to choose , which would you choose for clean or overdriven from the list above.?

and a testimonial:
    "I have absolutely never been this happy about my guitar tone. The GSP1101 possesses all of the great Clean and Overdrive amp tones that I have always wanted for the stage and in the studio. Extremely versatile, yet very easy to quickly find your way around to design all of your dream presets. The results speak very clear with the GSP1101 pre amp and i have a strong feeling that a lot of players will soon agree!" Glen Drover - Megadeth The GSP1101 is the new paradigm in preamp/processors. We looked at the needs of the professional guitarists who already get their core tone with their amps, guitars, and fingers. The pros wanted to do everything from just adding a few effects to their existing tone to creating entirely new sounds with a single rack-mount preamp/processor. One concern they had in common; "Don't take over my rig like other preamps do." This required a whole new approach in design. The GSP1101 answers the professional guitarist's call for "tone preservation" by incorporating the flexibility to be easily integrated into any rig and configured to work the way you want it. DigiTech's unique Setup Wizard guides you through the steps to optimize the GSP1101 to fit your needs. The GSP1101 not only preserves your tone, but it gives you access to a vast array of over 120 different models, from stompbox overdrives, preamps, and amps, to studio quality effects including luscious Lexicon® reverbs and unique products like DigiTech's Whammy®. So many sounds, so little time… Don't sell yourself short or compromise your tone. You've got your sound; now get more out of your rig with the GSP1101.

Thank you for you response I do appreciate your assistance with this matter.
    Duane Anderson
    CORP NOT PEOPLE.jpg

3. codamedia

codamedia Poster Extraordinaire

The 77 Master Volume is my Marshall of choice ;)
    That is the amp that became the JCM800... which would be my second choice.

4. ping-ping-clicka

thank you very much for you suggestion.
    I was completely unaware of this fact all I have ever heard was JCM 800
    my only real experience is with tweed ,brown and black face fenders (I'm not complaining);)
    charlie brown shrink lucie snuppy.jpg

codamedia likes this.
  5. preactor

preactor Tele-Holic

Background....I play through a Pod XT and a Fender Mustang. I hear a difference but I don't have the experience to Honestly say which amp sounds like which. Add speakers and microphones make which make a certain sound. Throw in a couple of thousand "hybrid" settings and I'm clueless. Then add delays, reverbs, pedals, etc.

Good news is those combos are there whether we use them or not. Tweek and use your favorite...which is really the fun part.

6. ping-ping-clicka

I'm on your beam man, you must be running on lazer beans! HOT'CHA!

preactor likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.