HNGD

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by howardlo, Jan 18, 2020.

1. howardlo

howardlo Tele-Holic

Fender Players Series Plus Top Strat Aged Cherry Burst. Ordered it this past Monday and it arrived Thursday morning. Purchased on Reverb from Sam Ash. It was listed as a demo/used in mint condition and was deeply discounted. I made them lower offer that I really didn't think they would accept...but they did!

Anyway ordered on Monday and had no contact or info from Sam Ash at all. On Reverb it kept showing not yet shipped. I was just about to contact Reverb on Thursday morning, but checked the status on Reverb again and it said out for delivery. Was supposed to be coming from Tampa but after it arrived I saw it had shipped from Indy (a couple hours away). What I got was a brand new guitar which had never been opened. It was still in the stapled sealed box from the factory. I contacted Sam Ash to let them know that I had received a brand new sealed unopened guitar instead of the demo. I was told that an error had been made and the demo had already been sold so they just sent me a new unopened guitar. They also said that that had it shipped from the closer location so its arrival wouldn't be delayed. Pretty darned nice!

So here it is...finish matches the Players Tele I got last February and is in my avatar.

Hard to get good pictures with no sunlight lately. The plastics are actually parchment and the guitar
    doesn't look as bright as the pictures.

2. jamesepowell

jamesepowell Tele-Meister

You done good, man. Real good. And how about Sam Ash? Stand up guys.

howardlo likes this.
  3. OldDude2

OldDude2 Tele-Holic

I love the figure in the wood coming through it should look fantastic in 20 years - Awesome:cool:

Fiesta Red likes this.
  4. brookdalebill

brookdalebill Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

Nice!

5. Deathray

Deathray Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

Congrats! I own your twin! Great minds think alike;)
    E314AF81-D6C1-46D3-8A7E-E9BAECECBA71.jpeg

Enjoy!

OldDude2, Fiesta Red and howardlo like this.
  6. howardlo

howardlo Tele-Holic

20 years? Let's see...I would be 92 by then. :rolleyes:

OldDude2 likes this.
  7. DHart

DHart Friend of Leo's

howardlo: HNGD to you. Congrats on a steal of a deal! And great choice of finish.

We have a club going here, with the aged cherry burst Fenders...

Not needing another SSS Strat, so I went HS Filter'tron with this one. Love the finish. Sounds amazing.
    [​IMG]

Here is a Tele version in ash, mated to an American Special neck. Mint guard swapped for black. Pickups swapped for Cavaliers (Lion King and Nashville Lion.)
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 19, 2020
    OldDude2, howardlo and Fiesta Red like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.