Hit The CakeWall

Discussion in 'Recording In Progress' started by Carl_Tone, Feb 18, 2020.

1. Carl_Tone

Carl_Tone Tele-Meister

2. codamedia

codamedia Poster Extraordinaire

Did Bandlab refine and clean the bloat when it took over from Cakewalk? If not, then I'm not surprised!

After 10 years of use and always chasing nagging issues I never realized how poorly Cakewalk/Sonar was coded until I switched to a more streamlined DAW.... and all my troubles went away immediately! I know many others that also switched (to different DAW's than I did) and experienced the same "aha" moment.

Carl_Tone likes this.
  3. Digital Larry

Digital Larry Tele-Afflicted Gold Supporter

I used (and still do, for older projects) SONAR Pro for many years on a Q6600 CPU with 4 GB RAM. I also tried the free BandLab thing on a higher spec laptop. Didn't get very far into any projects with that but didn't have those kinds of issues either. Not sure what to recommend other than to try some other products under similar conditions.

I'm using Ableton Live 10 now on a Ryzen 2600 CPU and 16 GB RAM. My projects are not that complex, but I'm not getting random audio glitching.

Sorry I don't have a more conclusive answer.

Carl_Tone likes this.
  4. Carl_Tone

Carl_Tone Tele-Meister

I have much better success with Samplitude. I could have easily respected CW if it wasn't for that "random audio glitching"...You can try Samplitude Silver for free and check it out. That's where I started. I was hoping that I could use the CW for some occaisional variety but it's not working out for me.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.