Hit The Buy It Now. Keeley Andy Timmons Halo Dual Echo Pedal.

arlum

Friend of Leo's
Platinum Supporter
I should have done this a few months back. Keeley's Andy Timmom's Halo Dual Echo Pedal. When I first heard it I loved it but other things were in the works so I passed. Today I was trying to find an Echo pedal with a tone control for the repeats. My new 4 X 12" Mojotone cab, (similar to a Mesa Rectifier cab but with Fane speakers rather than Vintage 30s), tends to swallow up medium to dark repeats so I needed an Echo pedal that would allow me to brighten up the delayed notes. The first one I found was a Mad Professor Dual Blue Delay. It has a dedicated knob for the tone of delayed notes and runs $370.00. The second one I found was the Boss RE-202 that actually provides a bass and treble knob for the repeats and runs $420.00. Lastly I came upon the Keeley Halo I had had to pass on months back. I really loved it the first time I'd found it but didn't want to spend the $300.00 to buy it. It's just an average sized small pedal. After listening to it today and putting it up against the Mad Professor and Boss contenders I learned two things. First. One of The Keeley Halo's control knobs is dual function with the secondary function being the tone of the repeats. Secondly I was reminded of how darn good the pedal sounded. Then, looking at $370.00 for the Mad Professor and $420.00 for the Boss up against $300.00 for the Keeley Halo, I just couldn't pass it up a second time. I went to reverb and found their "Black Friday Week" sale going on and multiple dealers were offering the Keeley Halo for $254.00 + Free 2 Day shipping. I picked a dealer I've worked with before and made the purchase.

I own many, many delay type pedals and, at the price of $254.00 it will be the lowest price I've paid for any of them. I haven't owned a 4 X 12" cab for quite some time and I'd forgotten how much they eat up medium to dark delayed notes. The guitarists primary picked note comes out very crisp and beautiful but trailing / delayed notes can be absorbed by the cabinets inner dimensions. At what I consider a more than fair price I believe this will solve the problem. I've included a link to Brett Kingmans's review of the Keeley Andy Timmon's Halo Dual Echo Pedal below. I'll be using it in mono but it's great to know it has stereo outputs should I be considering a different Echo pedal for my stereo board.

ruger9

Poster Extraordinaire
Ad Free Member
I got one of the first batch, was waiting for this one. It's great, even in mono. There is a slight learning curve (it's not as easy as "what-you-see-is-what-you-get", but it nails the Timmons delay (which is also the Gilmour delay). It can be used as a "normal" delay, but it's way overkill for that.

gitold

Poster Extraordinaire
Just figuring out my Keeley Caverns so I’ll have to pass for now. Every time I get a new Keeley pedal I become a bigger fan!