1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Hipshot drop D for Strat or Tele?

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by Darrenr75, Sep 30, 2020.

1. Darrenr75

Darrenr75 TDPRI Member

I’ve seen the hipshot tuners for bass guitars, but has anyone ever seen one for a Tele/Strat?

2. marshman

marshman Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

I know they make 'em, but can't recall ever actually see on in use on a guitar. I have to assume that dropping D on a floating trem would throw the whole shebang out of tune, so be wary. I do have one on my Rickenbacker bass, and like it a lot, even though I don't get to unleash it too often.

Trying to play Cinnamon Girl always made me want a pair of 'em, for top & bottom strings.

3. 4 Cat Slim

4 Cat Slim Friend of Leo's

I saw one installed on a dreadnought-style guitar.I would agree with marshman's observation above-
    it might take some adjustment to make it work consistently on a guitar with a floating trem, if it would work at all.
    I can't think of any place it would be especially useful for me, as I don't play anything where I'd need to
    change to drop-D tuning, or would i need to change to a drop-D tuning on the fly (as banjo players sometimes do with Scruggs pegs). But that's just me, as we say here, YMMV. I'm obviously no Adrian Legg as far as talent is concerned.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.