Hippie dream : I was gifted 50 unworn tie dyes, 400 or so cassettes…🫣 UPDATE

Nightclub Dwight

Friend of Leo's
Your partner would kill you twice if you rolled up the distortion knob on that JC 120 !

But to be fair, most people would!

But - Good score! Those amps do one thing but they do that one thing really really well.
Yeah, no way I'd buy this amp. It belonged to a good friend who bought it new back in the 80's. I don't think he is long for this world, so I just wanted it to remember him by. And heck, free is free!

Mike Eskimo

Telefied
Ad Free Member
Some more of the hippie booty, some more traditional - some not

53FD50CD-1C55-447A-B871-678292F9F1EA.jpeg 6E8AAC2F-1DBD-4E77-ADEE-06B1B7D131E3.jpeg B7F7D736-926C-4E8F-87D8-C3E42F7DA5D6.jpeg 47B91782-58DD-4700-A48E-BFE82A606AE2.jpeg B652B933-A0E4-4C5D-A451-621B38BAABB3.jpeg

MickM

Poster Extraordinaire
Platinum Supporter
My wife. When she says "are you going to wear that?" she means "don't".

I think it's cool, some of these cats can make amazing patterns. My son does a lot of thrifting for resale and when a shirt or pant doesn't sell on his online store he'll dye or bleach treat it. If tie dye helps keep my kid from asking for money I'm all in.
View attachment 979266
You aint the only one but 'every once and a while', I'd say YEP, and off we'd go. Nobody wins every time.

Happy Enchilada

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter
The Boy Scouts marketed these a few years back and we all got 'em.
Saw one mentioned selling on Poshmark for $50.
Bet you could go on there and move 'em all at a tremendous profit!
That's my oldest - he's 25 now and works for a company that makes gigantic high-tech machines the size of a 2-car garage that are used to manufacture microchips.
We were up in Montana at Melita Island - BSA camp on an island in the middle of Flathead Lake.
One of the best experiences of both our lives - and I didn't even get to do all the cool stuff!
1651532672453.jpeg

Mike Eskimo

Telefied
Ad Free Member
Once I get an Etsy shop set up or just put them on my eBay I’ll put a link. Maybe just sell them on the classifieds here.

Definitely gonna throw one or two on and see how big of a dork I look like.

Then I’ll fold them back up and sell all of them and just dig a hole and jump into it because I’m old !

Reactions: BB

57joonya

Tele-Afflicted
Recently helped 2 different people clean out houses they were leaving.

My buddy Warren had owned three or four record stores over the last 40 years and told me, if you want those three boxes of cassettes you are welcome to them.

He gathered them all up over the past 20 years - people would just leave them at his store because he wasn’t paying a nickel for used cassettes. But he threw out all the crap and just kept the freak stuff , so this is probably the most carefully curated/hipster collection of cassettes I’ve ever seen.

He has factory/commercially made cassettes from CAN, Love, Big Star, a ton of avant-garde jazz, much early 70s country and - a collection of totally anonymous mix tapes .

A LOT from the 80’s.

Many of those are like walking around a mall in 1986 .

The old Lexus Camry has a CD player AND cassette player so I’m having a blast driving to and from work just throwing tapes in.

The tie dyes came from a buddy who followed the Dead and managed a couple regional jam bands.

(I think “regional jam band” might be one of the most horrifying phrases I’ve ever heard 😱😵‍💫)

Anyway, most were done by this tie dye legend “Laughing Dragon”. 🤔🤷🏽‍♂️

And they’re ALL going on Etsy/EBay .

Ton of really cool designs, top-notch quality, but they don’t look cool on me! 🤣

View attachment 979232 View attachment 979233 View attachment 979234 View attachment 979235 View attachment 979236 View attachment 979237
Nice pigpen shirt!

Recce

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
The Boy Scouts marketed these a few years back and we all got 'em.
Saw one mentioned selling on Poshmark for $50.
Bet you could go on there and move 'em all at a tremendous profit!
That's my oldest - he's 25 now and works for a company that makes gigantic high-tech machines the size of a 2-car garage that are used to manufacture microchips.
We were up in Montana at Melita Island - BSA camp on an island in the middle of Flathead Lake.
One of the best experiences of both our lives - and I didn't even get to do all the cool stuff!
View attachment 979414
I went canoeing with my Son and the Boy Scouts in the Minnesota Boundary Waters twice. Great experience and time.