Highway 1 Texas Tele pup specs?

Discussion in 'Just Pickups' started by fenderrookie, Jul 15, 2005.

1. fenderrookie

fenderrookie A fan of Leo!

I just picked up a Highway 1 Texas Tele. Anyone have any information on these Texas Tele pups? They are not the same as Texas Specials, as I had a set in a James Burton. These are hotter than vintage, but not in your face mids. Kinda bluesey and warmer than TS pups. Anyone have any specs?

2. OaklandA

OaklandA Friend of Leo's Double Platinum Supporter

I tried to find this out, too. Best I could find out is that they are the same pickup as the stock Vintage that you find in the 52 RI's, but wound a little hotter. This was from a Fender dealer who had supposedly asked a rep.

Seems to be a lack of specific info on them.

I replaced mine with Antiquity's, and then later Fralin Blues Specials. The Fralins are perfection in mine...

3. fenderrookie

OaklandA

I was talking to a guy who has a set of these. He is going to measure them. He thought the bridge was 15k and the neck 10k. I'll let you know when I find out.

4. OaklandA

Re: OaklandA

wow...I'd be surprised if they were that hot. Sure didn't seem so when they were in mine.

I have a set of Texas Specials in a Squier Affinity BS Tele which would be less than that I believe, and those run hotter than stock by a bit.

Be interesting to hear how they measure out.

5. fenderrookie

So I disconnected my Texas Tele pups and here is what I got.
    Taking in to account the .4 ohm for the leads/probes: neck pup 9.8 ohms
    bridge pup 15.45 ohms
    These are HOT!

6. OaklandA

YIKES!

Well, I had no idea. When I had them in my No.1 they seemed a little hotter, but not overwound or as hot as those numbers would imply. Like you mentioned in your original posts, not the midrange quality you typically get with an overwound pup. In fact they didn't seem to be hotter than the Fralin Blues specials I have in there now. Go figure.

I may have to try them again in one of my project guitars before the sets I've ordered come in.

As it stands I may end up with way more sets of pups than Teles to put them in!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.