Higher output P90 neck.

Discussion in 'Just Pickups' started by garyhoos1, Oct 16, 2019.

1. garyhoos1

garyhoos1 TDPRI Member

I would appreciate a little advice, I have a bare knuckle super massive p90, output 9.5k and was thinking of putting it in one of my teles with a standard medium output bridge, would I be best keeping the 2 x 250 pots and a 024 cap for a starter and go from there or would I be better swapping a 250 for a 500 ? changing the cap.?

My goal is a thick jangly rock tone if it exists but firstly and foremost I have a few weeks off and would like to finish a tele parts caster I've had lying around for ages..

thanks

2. bender66

bender66 Poster Extraordinaire

Personally I'd do 500k pots for the P90 & just put a 470k(?) resistor in parallel for the single coil bridge to see "about" 250k value. Same idea as the HB neck/SC bridge wiring. It seems the easiest, but re-reading you'd have to put in the new pots, so...

Try the 250k pots first. They might be agreeable for you.

garyhoos1 likes this.
  3. Zepfan

Zepfan Poster Extraordinaire

I like the P90's with 500k pots and .022 cap or 500k volume only. P90's do respond well with the 50's style wiring.

garyhoos1 likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.