1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

High End Tele Prices!

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by jads57, Jul 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jads57

jads57 TDPRI Member

So first I'm 63 and have played professionally for over 40 years. I say this to give perspective to my views.
    Who buy these high end Fenders, Bespoke Teles and Strats? And are they even used to make music?
    Can these people actually tell the difference between A great guitar and a mediocre one?

I'm old enough to have bought Vintage 1950's and 1960s Fenders as used guitars. And in a way I totally understand the Collector Market thing.
    But these aren't even that and they go for the price of a handmade Archtop Johnny Smith,,guitar?

For me they are relatively nice guitars but I've built and had built Partscasters that are better sounding and playing instruments for way less than 1/3 rd of the cost.
    Are these to show off to your friends etc. Or make you feel special?
    I guess I'm just an old Caveman guitarist who doesn't understand these Modern Ways! BUY,SELL!!!!Lol !

2. corliss1

corliss1 Friend of Leo's Platinum Supporter

They ask those prices because people are willing to pay that much. Simple as that. Prices aren't just a reflection of materials and labor.

3. rangercaster

rangercaster Poster Extraordinaire

Rich people buy them ... doctors, dentists, lawyers ... people who can't actually play guitar, but like expensive toys and wallhangers ...

Jus' sayin' ...

jads57 likes this.
  4. Joe M

Joe M Super Moderator Staff Member

Admin Post
    TROLLING:
    Deliberately posting something controversial that one could reasonably assume would cause disruption is never permitted. Posting an opposite opinion, in a determined stubborn way, simply to start a disruption is not permitted. Opposite opinions are NOT against the rules and are encouraged, but trolling for disagreement and arguments is against the rules of the page.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.