Hi from Spain!

sinner_boy

TDPRI Member
Thank you all for your welcome !

Hi there, just down near Malaga myself, living the dream
Nice city! with beautiful beaches and mountains and friendly people.

Welcome to the fold! We need guitar pics to validate your membership.

Sb
Sure!!! I attach a photo in the following post

Bienvenido desde los hermosos cayos del estado de la Florida. Aquí en TDPRI te encontrarás con muchos colegas que comparten de tus mismos intereses y están dispuestos compartir un mundo de erudición con todos. Estás en tu casa.

Welcome.
No doubt your Spanish is better than my English.

Last edited:

sinner_boy

TDPRI Member
Welcome to the fold! We need guitar pics to validate your membership.

Sb

Two of them.

My lp studio, almost original, some minor changes in the electronics.

The other one is my Schecter PT special. I changed the neck for an All parts lindy fralyn (man, this is fat!). It has the original pickups, but I changed the capacitors and wiring. It sounds and plays great!

The quality of the photo is not very good!

tele_paul.jpg

sinner_boy

TDPRI Member
Hi there! I was lucky enough to work with Raimundo's cousin Juan José (a flamenco singer) for a number of years. The Raimundo stories he used to tell were crazy...

Probably all those stories are true, hehe.
There are some very crazy stories in the world of flamenco, although I would say that it is something inherent to the artists (or some of them). Also in the world of blues, rock, jazz, etc. there are some curious ones.
I always enjoy those stories.

Do you play flamenco?

Tagliatellecaster

TDPRI Member
Probably all those stories are true, hehe.
There are some very crazy stories in the world of flamenco, although I would say that it is something inherent to the artists (or some of them). Also in the world of blues, rock, jazz, etc. there are some curious ones.
I always enjoy those stories.

Do you play flamenco?
I do, but not particularly well, I don't grow my nails out anymore and I haven't really practised in years. I was lucky enough to work in flamenco management back when I lived in Seville, so I got to know most of the artists and toured with a few of the top acts as well. The amount of genuine musical and artistic talent here is unbelievable.

I was just in Seville last week, by the way. My wife is from there, she ran the Carrera Nocturna on Friday night and we stayed with my in-laws for a few days. Always good to catch up with friends and family and have some nice meals around town.

Last edited:

sinner_boy

TDPRI Member
I do, but not particularly well, I don't grow my nails out anymore and I haven't really practised in years. I was lucky enough to work in flamenco management back when I lived in Seville, so I got to know most of the artists and toured with a few of the top acts as well. The amount of genuine musical and artistic talent here is unbelievable.
I totally agree, despite not being one of my favorite genres, I recognize that the musical talent of many of them is impressive.

I was just in Seville last week, by the way. My wife is from there, she ran the Carrera Nocturna on Friday night and we stayed with my in-laws for a few days. Always good to catch up with friends and family and have some nice meals around town.
Going for tapas with the family and/or friends is a must. 😄
I hope it wasn't too hot.

sinner_boy

TDPRI Member
No doubt my castellano is better than my english
Wow! I didn't think anyone knew the term "castellano". For those who don't know it, it is the way to refer to the Spanish spoken in Spain, as opposed to others such as those spoken in some South American countries. There are some subtle differences between them, but they are all correct.

Maybe you are from Spain?

kLyon

Tele-Afflicted
Bienvenidos!

I love Sevilla; I lived there for two years - ages 12-14 - and that's where I started playing.
My dad was there on a Fulbright doing research at the Archivo de Indias for his doctorate. While he was there he found a treasure wreck; if you go the Archive today, you'll find a bronze cannon in the courtyard that he and Mel Fisher donated.
What part of town do you live in? We started in Los Remedios and then moved to Triana.

sinner_boy

TDPRI Member
Bienvenidos!

I love Sevilla; I lived there for two years - ages 12-14 - and that's where I started playing.
My dad was there on a Fulbright doing research at the Archivo de Indias for his doctorate. While he was there he found a treasure wreck; if you go the Archive today, you'll find a bronze cannon in the courtyard that he and Mel Fisher donated.
What part of town do you live in? We started in Los Remedios and then moved to Triana.
Interesting, was that around 1976?
I think the cannon is this one
02.jpg

There is some info about that in wikipedia:

Triana and Los Remedios are two good neighborhoods to live in, although Los Remedios may be a bit noisy during the week of the "Feria de Abril". I live near nervion, a little further from the city center.

kLyon

Tele-Afflicted
02.jpg

Triana and Los Remedios are two good neighborhoods to live in, although Los Remedios may be a bit noisy during the week of the "Feria de Abril". I live near nervion, a little further from the city center.
That's the one one... that article left out my dad, Dr. Eugene Lyon, who was responsible for actually locating the wreck. But there's plenty of places to learn the complete story. It was an interesting time; I kind of grew up around it, both in Sevilla and down in Key west.

kLyon

Tele-Afflicted
02.jpg

Here are a couple of pictures; one is of the ceremony when the cannon was presented (and, I believe but I'm not sure, the other is when my dad received received the award of Oficial in the Order of Isabella from King Juan Carlos...Mel Fisher is in the second one))
IMG_20171004_150932.jpg
IMG_20171004_150943.jpg

Last edited:

Rick330man

Tele-Afflicted
Wow! I didn't think anyone knew the term "castellano". For those who don't know it, it is the way to refer to the Spanish spoken in Spain, as opposed to others such as those spoken in some South American countries. There are some subtle differences between them, but they are all correct.

Maybe you are from Spain?
No, but my accent is. And so is my DNA (ADN). I also lived in Madrid twice: once as a toddler and the second time for a college semester. To your other point, many speakers of the language do not know that Colombia's constitution - like Article III of Spain's - identifies "castellano" as the country's official language.
That's the one one... that article left out my dad, Dr. Eugene Lyon, who was responsible for actually locating the wreck. But there's plenty of places to learn the complete story. It was an interesting time; I kind of grew up around it, both in Sevilla and down in Key west.
Sounds like you are a fellow conch. Mel Fisher is a legend down here for his work which culminated in the finding of the Atocha. His museum in Key West is worth a visit for anyone visiting.

Last edited:

kLyon

Tele-Afflicted
No, but my accent is. And so is my DNA (ADN). I also lived in Madrid twice: once as a toddler and the second time for a college semester. To your other point, many speakers of the language do not know that Colombia's constitution - like Article III of Spain's - identifies "castellano" as the country's official language.

Sounds like you are a fellow conch. Mel Fisher is a legend down here for his work which culminated in the finding of the Atocha. His museum in Key West is worth a visit for anyone visiting.
A conch! Yeah, I grew up with Mel, Deo and the four kids. Kim was in my grade at school up in Vero Beach. We all made the move down to the Keys later, and Mel relocated to Key West after he came to Seville and met with my dad. I really liked him; he was eternally optimistic and a lot of fun. When we came back from Spain he got us a house on Big Pine Key and we were there during a lot of the hunt. I haven't been there in a few years, but I really love Key West: especially how it was back then. Have you been there long?