hi folks from england new be

Discussion in 'Welcome Wagon' started by clackers49, Aug 5, 2015.

1. clackers49

clackers49 TDPRI Member

cor talk about my gear a 76 tele well worn bought in 1980 for£100 [$150} used for 25 years then retired currently residing in eldest sons home in a glass case i built for him. the neck pickup died and was rewound by peter cook in the mid 80's the tuners collapsed and i replaced them with mini schallers we didn't think about the value then it was excellent war horse for me.
    A sunburst bonnie rait strat 96 love it stays in its case these days younger sons heritage he has my 310 taylor already but least he plays his guitars. he had a squier tele with the hum bucker in the neck from my mothers estate.
    a squire classic vibe custom tele beautiful sunburst i bought. replaced pick ups with texas specials [as the bonnie rain strat has ] the bridge has individual saddles thanks to charlie chandler . set up done found the nut was hollow!!! replaced with a decent one almost to beautiful to work with but i enjoy it.
    olympic white bitsa strat neck made by martin sims with brazilian rosewood board my current go to guitar for work, texas specials again. love the neck maybe slightly smaller than the bonnie rait start [small hands you know what that means] small gloves!! :lol:
    a white mexican start well used secondhand
    baby taylor with skb case soon to be waving goodbye to as i am going travelling round the globe and with the hassles of airlines not all having the same standards a journeyman folding guitar is in the offing. the baby taylor i fitted with a k & k pickup hated the sound then found i needed a pre amp with much better now
    gibson j50 1976 says second on the back the head i use this nashville tuned to record with but still have n't done great guitar .fishman rare earth pick up, purple lined case groovy baby. its well worn but sounds a treat
    my go to acoustic for gigs and busking is a 76 takamine lawsuit D42 copy laminate back and sides spruce [i think top] l baggs pickup great sounding guitar.
    i know i'm lucky to have this collection and i still lust after other guitars. in the 80's my tele was the only one i had cos i had families to bring up. i will post again with my amps and the love and guitars i sold an now regret

2. unixfish

unixfish Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Nice gear! Welcome to the TDPRI.

3. Zender

Zender Tele-Meister

Clacker49 did you say you found a hollow nut on a Squire? How did you find that out?

4. Stringbanger

Stringbanger Telefied Ad Free Member

Welcome to the club clackers49!

String_______________\\\£

5. FrankJames

FrankJames Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Welcome to the forum !!

6. clackers49

clackers49 TDPRI Member

Hi zender
    my guy who sets up my guitars showed me the nut i couldn't believe it you'd think it would take more effort to make it hollow and save a little plastic!

7. electrablue

electrablue Poster Extraordinaire

Welcome!

8. fendertx

fendertx Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free + Supporter

Glad you joined!

9. viper007

viper007 Tele-Meister

Welcome!

10. telex76

telex76 Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Welcome aboard.

11. clackers49

clackers49 TDPRI Member

IMG_3327.JPG fullsizeoutput_b13.jpeg IMG_3330.JPG

brookdalebill likes this.
  12. clackers49

clackers49 TDPRI Member

sorry guys after years of not getting my hands on my 76 tele, my son before his move let me have my old guitar back. took off the old gold tuners and put on some 70's tuners. took some photos for this site to enjoy. real wear eh!. didn't care in those days, was original see through white colour still is under the pick guard . the colour changed from all those smokey, cigarettes and wood fires in the pubs and clubs through the 80's and 90's. i now understand the meaning of rolled edges on the neck it still feels great. The guitar is going back into its glass case on my sons wall . till the next time I take it down and play it.

13. brookdalebill

brookdalebill Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

Howdy!

14. Ydwen Jones

Ydwen Jones Tele-Meister

Welcome to TDPRI! Cool stuff!

15. Fenderdad1950

Fenderdad1950 Tele-Afflicted

Welcome from Albuquerque :D

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.