Hi all, I'm new and I'm a Temps fan from back in the day...way back[1963-I Want A Love I Can See].. I love to talk Temps and their Music.

JSMac

Tele-Afflicted
Welcome!

Well, I'm new to bass playing and have been working on the bass part for Papa Was A Rolling Stone. That's all I got. :)

runstendt

Tele-Holic
One of the first guitar parts that I ever learned was the lick from "My Girl". I've always loved the subtle guitar work in pretty much all of the Motown stuff. Welcome.

burtf51

Tele-Afflicted
Put me down to ha and the 4 or 5 hour movie also. I became close friends with Eddie Chank Willis (Funk Bros) when he moved back to Gore Springs Ms. He had some great stories to tell about those days. I took my son when he was 8 yrs old out to meet Eddie. I still see Eddie's wife Rosemary quite often, she had Eddie buried in their front yard

Back at it

Tele-Meister
Totally dig the temps and the funk bros

the soul of my childhood until I found rock….. still love Motown

CCK1

Tele-Afflicted
Welcome!

Well, I'm new to bass playing and have been working on the bass part for Papa Was A Rolling Stone. That's all I got. :)
One of the coolest, simplest basslines ever recorded. There's discussion and evidence that the bassline was played by either James Jamerson, Bob Babbit, or Leroy Taylor, but whoever it is, it's the coolest bassline I can remember that starts with A♭.

Dan R

Poster Extraordinaire
I heard a lot of R&B on the radio growing up. The Temps were very prevalent. I have the 5 CD box set Emperors of Soul. Highly recommended.