Hey guys! New girl in town.

t-ray

Tele-Afflicted
Gold Supporter
You have come to the right place. Very few trolls here, and most members are nice and enjoy being helpful to other members. I play some every day and I also love to sing. If you are not uncomfortable letting your family hear you, then you should be able to make it a regular part of your day. If you are uncomfortable with that .. then get over it! I am very much on the introvert scale, and it took me a long time to get comfortable with it, but I am glad I did.

Baby Blues

TDPRI Member
Seriously though youtube has it all and while I don't do the lessons I jam to backing tracks from youtube every single day.
This keeps coming up, Youtube. It sounds like a really good thing to do at this point. You all seem to really love it! I'll plan a rabbit hole trip for next week. The kids go back to school day after tomorrow. 😁

Baby Blues

TDPRI Member
You have come to the right place. Very few trolls here, and most members are nice and enjoy being helpful to other members. I play some every day and I also love to sing. If you are not uncomfortable letting your family hear you, then you should be able to make it a regular part of your day. If you are uncomfortable with that .. then get over it! I am very much on the introvert scale, and it took me a long time to get comfortable with it, but I am glad I did.
I am actually actively working on this, yes. I can sing in front of my kids, no problem, but otherwise I developed some fairly intense stage fright at some point, and even signing in front of Snow, who really enjoys it, is unnerving. But it's improving!

Telecastoff1

Tele-Afflicted
Welcome BB, glad you're here! Happy belated Birthday to you! You've come to the right place! Kick back and enjoy the posts ,music, advice and comradery.

charlie chitlin

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
I swear, there were times I brought a knife to a gunfight (acoustic strung with a .013 set at an electric jam) and tuned up a couple of half steps for more string tension driven volume!
Tuning was seriously all over the map and I have heard of the dial tone trick.
Some say quartz tuners ruined Rock n Roll?
Ah rock isnt the only way to roll, I still might prefer some good ol' Soul...
Remember before Rock and Roll had so much drama and theater?
You could go see a huge band at Madison Square Garden and at the beginning of the show, they, or the roadies, but just as often the band itself, would just shamble onstage and tune up.
Then somebody might come out onstage and say, "Ladies and Gentlemen...."

G Stone496

TDPRI Member
Thank you, everyone! 🥰🤩

I happened to take some pics yesterday! Enjoy!

I just got the Kalimba for my birthday. 😁
Happy birthday and welcome to the Tele Forum. I love that little Gibby guitar. Looks like a Melody Maker. Those are a lot of fun and can rock and roll with the best of them.

Last edited:

arlum

Friend of Leo's
Platinum Supporter
Welcome to TDPRI. The guitar's been my security blanket for better than 60 years. It gives me a place to go when the real world gets to stressful. Sometimes I go into my guitar room planning to just play a few tunes or work on a melody for a new song and time just fades away. Sometimes hours go by and then my wife comes into the room to tell me dinners on the table. I come to the table happy and stress free. It's like therapy. Enjoy the time you get to play. Don't make it goal driven or difficult. There's an inner peace in just letting the music flow.

Baby Blues

TDPRI Member
Welcome to TDPRI. The guitar's been my security blanket for better than 60 years. It gives me a place to go when the real world gets to stressful. Sometimes I go into my guitar room planning to just play a few tunes or work on a melody for a new song and time just fades away. Sometimes hours go by and then my wife comes into the room to tell me dinners on the table. I come to the table happy and stress free. It's like therapy. Enjoy the time you get to play. Don't make it goal driven or difficult. There's an inner peace in just letting the music flow.
I love absolutely everything about this. What a wonderful perspective!

haggardfan1

Friend of Leo's
Welcome to the neighborhood! You have some very cool guitars and it sounds like a keen interest in all this foolishness;).

I noticed your post about being nervous singing...and I wanted to toss something out there for you.

After forty plus years of playing all kinds of venues, oddly it is easier for me to play a big festival or something than it is to play for, for example, my girlfriend and her family. Something about the lack of relative anonymity, maybe? My mistakes being even more apparent in a living room setting? I don't know.
The presence of even one other guitarist has a huge calming effect on this. I've done a fair number of acoustic duets, but I'm not a solo performer and I obviously will never be. Anyway, for what that's worth.

Greetings from an old guy and his two nutty dogs in East Texas.

tintag27

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
Thank you, everyone! 🥰🤩

I happened to take some pics yesterday! Enjoy!

I just got the Kalimba for my birthday. 😁
Hello - pleased you could join us, Baby Blues! Sending best wishes from over here in England...
...and what wonderful pictures - that is a beautiful instrument collection!