Hey guys, check this out šŸ˜³

Telekarster

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
Upcycling/recycling is a wonderful way to make things for sure...

Right on, Jim. Things like this really get me going! I save lumber any chance I get, and it sure has paid off over the years. Tearing out decks, remodels, etc. I'll throw the old studs and joists, nails and all, in my truck and then I'll pile em up in my garage. Once I get a goodly amount, I grab the saw horses and start laying boards on em and pull the nails out for use later. The old nails/screws get thrown into a box or can, sealed up (so they don't puncture tires etc. later), and put em in the recycling bin. If the screws are still good, I'll save em and reuse them too! No sense in throwing away good lumber IMO, and I've saved a ton of $ over the years doing this! It's never been more important than right now to do so ;) It's amazing to me how much stuff like this gets thrown away, or reduced to ashes... sad really.

crazydave911

Doctor of Teleocity
There's LOTS of wood good for necks people won't use. Southern yellow pine being one example. Gets harder as it ages and have to drill a hole for a screw or nail. Only caveat is the ones I've built I've painted being as it's ugly as sin šŸ¤£