1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Heritage Amplifiers Owners club.

Discussion in 'Amp Owners Clubs' started by ramseybella, Jun 17, 2009.

1. ramseybella

ramseybella Tele-Afflicted

Anybody using Heritage amplifiers, I own a Heritage 2x12 Briton but the doors are closed for Heritage amplifiers, Paul C is just building pedals again bummer.

2. SteveY

SteveY Tele-Afflicted

I had a Kenny Burrell 1 X 12" Combo (40 watts), with a three control reverb.

Great amp for jazz. Like a tighter Fender Super-Reverb in sound.

Heavy. Spendy.

3. ramseybella

My Briton 2x12 30watt combo VOX/Fender/Marshall.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. rangercaster

rangercaster Poster Extraordinaire

very nice !!! this is a little known brand ...

5. wrigman

wrigman TDPRI Member

Patriot

I just picked up a Heritage Patriot. What a great amp! 45 watts, one chanel. dosent get much more simple. It has a very wett reverb! Needs petals in front of it for anything else.
    Anyone else have one? What do you think of it?

6. getrguy1

getrguy1 Tele-Holic

I picked up a Heritage Revolution head a couple years ago. 50 watts, no verb, sounds great. My amp tech took a look inside & said it was an excellent build. Sorry to hear they're out of the amp business.

7. wrigman

wrigman TDPRI Member

I took out the amp section and looked at it. I agree with your amp tech. It IS a thing of beauty!

8. SirJackdeFuzz

SirJackdeFuzz Friend of Leo's

Can you please tell me more about this Briton.

Does it sound Vox'y ? Fender'y ? ...or Marshall'y ?

I take it, it is a single channel amp ?

Cheers
    ;)

9. ramseybella

single channel amp, More blended Vox Fender than Marshall clear sounding amp, has mercury Magnetic Transformers.

10. Capn Rory

Capn Rory Tele-Meister

I'm getting a new speaker this week for my Heritage Kenny Burrell Freedom amp. I haven't been using it lately for jazz/big band, as I am fond of the Fender Jazzmaster Ultralite SS amp. I did retube it last week and I ordered the Eminence Canis Major speaker to try and warm up the amp a little, the stock Jensen C12N just sounds a little sterile to me. I'll repost or edit this post to give all an update on the results.
    BTW, the Heritage Victory was on my short list as the one I played was a great sounding 6V6 amp!!

11. wrigman

wrigman TDPRI Member

What happened on TGP.

I had a thread over on TGP about the value of Heritage amps. My point was to say and show that Heritage amps are worth more than they are currently going for. Some GREAT points were made on the thread and the thread was going in a civil direction, even though not everyone agreed with my points. I had several people say they thought I was trying to sell my amp on that thread. I did admit that for the right price I would sell my amp, but I wasn't trying to use the thread to sell my amp. The thread was brought to the attention of the mods there, without even asking what the intention of my thread was, they removed the thread and issued me warrnings for things that I didn't even type! I hope this forum dosen't have the same type of cyberbullies as that one does.

Now, Why don't Heritage amps bring the type of dollars as other used boutique amps do?? What do YOU think??:?:

12. wrigman

wrigman TDPRI Member

Heritage gone.

Well, i did sell the Heritage Patriot to a new owner that is thrilled to have such a great amp! Oh,,,,and the price......A reasonable $1150.00 for a mint cond. amp. NOT $850.00. That price was reasonable for a beater, but in no way reflected the "Going price" of these great amps.
    Moving on to a Samamp VAC 23.

13. Toadhopper57

Toadhopper57 Tele-Meister

Hello All,

This tread maybe dead but for what it is worth I played through a Patriot today. It is a really well voiced amp...so much so that I bought it on the spot....I had been looking at a vintage Pro Reverb, Morgan SW22 and a Vintage Sound Vintage 22. All great amps.

Cheers,

Randy

14. J.T. Guitar

J.T. Guitar NEW MEMBER!

Great amps... Too bad about what happen to them. The Colonial is about the best sounding amp I've ever played. Can't wait to play a Patriot.

15. Toadhopper57

Toadhopper57 Tele-Meister

Hello J.T.,

I agree....but at least we have one and maybe my children will inherit a collectors item.

I still can't get over the tone and mid scoops. Plus, it really looks sharp. I will post photos soon...

Cheers,

Randy

16. Bonker

Bonker TDPRI Member

I have a Colonial. Paul gave me the grand tour of the amps at NAMM one year and I was sold! I will never sell. :)

17. ramseybella

I still have mine will not part with it, hope it will be like fine wine..

18. txw123

txw123 NEW MEMBER!

I have a Heritage Revolution head and I’m looking for information on this model. There is some speculation that this amp was an early Heritage model and possibly made by Mike Holland before Paul Cochran became involved. Does anyone have any knowledge about this?

19. Gitfiddler

Gitfiddler TDPRI Member

Hi ya'll...just thought I'd revive this old Heritage Amp thread...in case there are any fans still out there. :)

Over the years I've been fortunate to have scored 4 incredible Heritage amps. Victory combo; Victory head/cab; Patriot and my all time favorite, Liberty head/cab.

Even though the brand is dead, there must be others who dig these rigs.

20. Wrong way Tele

Wrong way Tele TDPRI Member

Still have my Briton.
    But admit it's been in the closet in it's road case for a few years along with my Budda Verbmaster 4x10..

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.