Here's the reason for my user name, and my avatar.

d barham

Tele-Afflicted
I remember my short yet colorful college career. The cafeteria had a jukebox and several songs from that album were on it. The place would come to life anytime someone played Think I’ll just stay here and drink. Good times.

ndcaster

Doctor of Teleocity

"Rainbow Stew" was playing on radio when I was in high school.

A buddy of mine bought the album; and I damn near wore out this track.

I have done this medley at every show for as far back as I can remember.

such a great record! live at Anaheim

my name comes from "non-descriptcaster" because none of my tele's are branded

and btw, yes I'm in Indiana, but I don't work at Notre Dame

my avatar is the cornfield near the barn where we board our horses

BigDaddyLH

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
I'm saving this for next Xmas.

1641115042_ck315ef5uu.jpg

'64 Tele

Tele-Afflicted
User name.....my first Tele was a well bastardized 1964 Tele I had from 1981 thru 2001 before selling.
Avatar is current Tele....2012 Deluxe Nashville.

Sparky2

Poster Extraordinaire
There were three of us Sparkman boys.
I'm the middle one.
We all sort of acknowledged the 'Sparky' nickname that came with the territory.

Eldest brother Paul is Sparky1, I'm Sparky2, and younger brother Stacey is Sparky3.

The avatar is from a gig that Bob the drummer and I did at a good friend's retirement party.
It was freezing cold outside.
No bass player available, so I packed a Crate amp that had the option of a bass octaving feature, so we went ahead and played the gig.

It was cold as hell outside on that club house veranda, and the host had all these outdoor propane heaters set up.
(Actually, since my avatar is from that job, so you can see one of the heaters there behind me.)

This had to have been 2012 or 2013.

Anyway, we played set after set, and though a lot of the crowd stayed inside the clubhouse where the food and wine and beers were, a great number of guests stayed out on the veranda with us, and rocked out.

My wife was there, taking photos with her Nikon camera, and enjoying some beverages. (She still drank back then.)

We had a lot of people on the dance floor, and a good time was rolling. One friend got up and sang a few songs with us, and the crowd was digging it.

At one point, one of the ladies dancing with her hubby and some friends danced her way up to my mic stand, as I sang something she really liked, and she began to shimmy and flirt. And I must confess two things right now;
a. She was a stunningly beautiful woman, very sexy
and,
b. My wife was having none of it. She was off to the side with her camera, and glaring at the shimmying chick with all her might.

I laughed like hell and carried on with the performance.
Bob and I played a couple more dance-able tunes, and then took a break to enjoy some beers.

I hugged my wife and asked her, "So, how did you like that set?"

She grumbled, "It was good, but I thought I was going to have to peel that b1tch off of you at one point."

Bob snickered, and said, “Don’t worry, Beth. She was only coming on to him so she could hook up with the drummer eventually.”

I agreed. “Yep. Drummers get all the girls.”

Good times.

😃